A much appreciated puff blanket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A much appreciated puff blanket!

A year and a half ago I made a puff (or bubble) blanket for my best friend, who had a sister who was going to have a baby. Today I got a message from her other sister, who had been playing hostess to the mother and child.

He loves his blanket! He will lie and considder the patterns very seriously, trace them with his fingers and so far, whenever his blanket is with him, he is "home". Wonderfully sewn, Anna!
    ... along with this picture:
    Lu med filten.jpg

My heart just melted!

Here's my post about the blanket: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...lay-quilt.html
    ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Re: A much appreciated puff blanket!

Oh, there's just nothing better than to see someone so thoroughly enjoying the quilt you made! You obviously did a perfect one for him.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

The quilt is great and I am glad he loves it so much

Comment

That is just precious!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
          Oh, there's just nothing better than to see someone so thoroughly enjoying the quilt you made! You obviously did a perfect one for him.
          Yes, who knew! I was afraid it was too puffy and he'd roll off it lol. It does look like he's flattened it a bit.
          ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

That pic is priceless

Comment

And that is just why to make baby quilts...

Comment

What I especially love his how intent he is at studying the fabrics in the quilt. I don't think I'd have patience to make this but I might consider using yardage and cutting larger squares. I know the quilting distance on some of the poly-batts can be done quite far apart. Going by that suggestion to make the squares would be a consideration. I wonder what it would be like to use a high-loft batting inside the pockets instead of polyful stuffing? It would be faster and the amount of filling would be very consistent. No guessing on the amount to add and easier to close each puff. I have a lot of flannel. Wouldn't that be cozy? Did you get the other quilts made for those requests you mentioned? I would love to see photos of those as well. Nice job on the puff quilt, Anna.
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Now, that's the kind of thing a quilter loves to hear! He looks very content....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                  X