New Years Resolution Project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years Resolution Project!

THANK YOU JENNY!!! Without the Dresden plate tutorial, I dont think I would have ever attempted this, but you made it look so easy and gave me the confidence to try it!!

Learning to do the Dresden was one of my resolutions, and I did it!!

My inner circle is a little off, so jump on a horse before you take a look!!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Re: New Years Resolution Project!

That is a beautiful choice of colours. Who's ever seen a flower with a perfectly round centre anyway?
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

WOW!! That line is perfect for a dresden plate!! Such gorgeous colors! I am so glad you were brave and tried it!! It is easier than you thought, huh!!

What are you going to do with it now?? Are you gonna make more and make a quilt, or a table runner, or a wall hanging!?!?

Comment

I only picked up one of the charm packs, but its enough to make 3 of the Dresdens, so I'm thinking a wall hanging would make a nice Mother's Day present for my mother-in-law...or I could just keep it for myself *insert greedy little laughter here*
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Wow....nice job. The yellow and blue combo and how you placed your colors is so pleasing to the eye. Now I want to make a desdren plate too!!
          Don't you just love the tutes?? I watch them over and over again to get ideas!
          Thanks for sharing this!
          patti
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Loved the Dresden Plate!!! They had the charm packs on deal of the day awhile ago. I bought one to go with the jelly roll of the same fabrics(I had gotten the jelly roll from a different company). Anyway, the lady at Missouri Quilt told me to check out your dresden plate; and I fell in love with it! Am now working on a dresden plate quilt of my own. Thanks so much for sharing!!! Dresden plate is one of my all time favorite quilt patterns!!! I ended up cutting my jelly roll to make more blades for the dresden plate....you can get 8 5" blades from one strip. Now I just have to find the time to sew all the blades. LOL Did manage to get three "plates" sewn together tho....Have to get my background fabric to make the blocks. But with a foot of snow on the roads, it might be awhile before I get to the fabric store. Missouri Quilt's tutorial sure made it easy. I would've never attempted the dresden plate before. Now I can't wait to finish it!

Comment

Mary, you did a great job...gotta love the MSQC Girls, and thier tutorials...BTW...you have a Sister who would love a table runner for her piano...lol

Comment

Working...
              X