Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Crazy Quilt with an African Flair" - Another finish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Crazy Quilt with an African Flair" - Another finish!

This was fun! It is 18" by 23" and is called "Crazy Quilt with an African Flair". I've never tried crazy quilting before and this is the first time I've used a silhouette on a quilt. I'm happy with how the two techniques work together.
    Attached Files
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: "Crazy Quilt with an African Flair" - Another finish!

Love, love, love!!!!
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Comment

Holy Cow, that's gorgeous!

Comment

Cute! You always do such beautiful pieces!

Comment

Someone I know just offered to buy it and said, "Money is no object". How do you like that for a compliment!
          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Fantastic! I really love it.
            Diana Grey

Comment

OMG I love how this turned out!!!!!!

Comment

That came out amazing! How did you get the silhouette? Is it freestyle?
                Hugs,
                Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Originally posted by soul60s View Post
                  How did you get the silhouette? Is it freestyle?
                  DH, my partner in crime, looked at some images online, then drew up the mother and baby. I used freezer paper to cut out the giraffes and adhered them with diluted Liquid Thread. I quilted them down after the top was spray basted. I was afraid of quilting through all the layers that I made with the crazy quilting but my new Janome Horizon didn't give me any bother at all. My Viking would have been breaking thread like crazy. Can you tell I'm in love with my new machine?
                  Cyndi

Comment

Striking and sweet as can be, love it!
                    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Love this one too, Cyndi! The giraffes are precious! Awesome job!

Just showed the picture to hubby........he said "cool...I like the shadow effect."
                      Last edited by pcbatiks; July 16, 2015, 06:51 PM.
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Very interesting.

Comment

That is fantastic! Love the colors that conjure up the beauty of Africa. Nice job.
                          ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
                          George Eliot

Comment

i can just see the headlines now
                            winner at the aqs quilt show
                            i thought a thought that i thought i had thought but the thought that i had thought wasnt the thought that i had thought i had thought so maybe if i had thought the thought that i thought i thought i wouldn't of thought so much

Comment

You always make the most amazing creative quilts! I love love it?
                              Janet

"You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X