Easy Christmas Table Runner - or Wall Hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Easy Christmas Table Runner - or Wall Hanging

Wow! This is so beautiful....how I love Christmas.
    Alana
    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

I'm new to missouri quilt club and have a question. I don't know how to earn coupons. Can someone explain this please. thanks

Comment

Yes, I quilted the panel using invisible thread (a first for me) on the top and a nice ecru to match the backing in the bobbin. I did free motion quilting on all the ornaments and used my stitch in the ditch foot to follow all the other markings on the panel.

I was going to use gold metallic thread on the top, but then I discovered I did not know how to use metallic thread, hence a garbage can of gold thread. I only found out about the invisible thread because of a wonderful lady that saw my project in my shopping cart as I looked around the fabric store and asked to see it what I had all ready to quilt. I told her my confusion over thread and she took me under her wing. I love quilters!

I still consider myself a newbie even though I have been quilting since 2007.

Now for the true test of how I did with invisible thread, I will wash this table runner tonight.
        Tortugaquilter

Comment

Your stitching is so accurate! Wow! Very pretty.

Comment

This is so fabulous !
            :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

I love this!! I went online and found both the ornaments and the poinsettia panel for 12.99 at Nancy's Notions...
              Last edited by Quiltin Gammie; October 10, 2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Ornaments for $5.99 at In Stitches Fabrics. http://www.institchesfabrics.com/ite...el-3960-25.htm
                sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

I had to go buy more backing fabric today. The backing is a lot more than the panels. At least I have plenty of batting. I bought 14 yards of batting the last time it was on sale. I keep it in my closet and just cut off what I need as I go.
                  Tortugaquilter

Comment

Every time I look at these they get more beautiful....
                    Alana
                    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Love it very pretty. I like doing table runners and things like that next month will have to try and get some of those panels!!!
                      Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                      THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                      :lol:

Comment

I love your table runner., very Happy christmas colours. I want to make one for my coffee table. I will have to start googling for the fabric.
                        Sharon - Hervey Bay Qld Australia

Comment

Very nice, love the jewel tones!
                          Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Gorgeous!!!

Comment

Very elegant! Love it!
                              Bec

Comment

So far I have made two of these and I have donated them to a ministry of our church to help raise money. This was the first one I donated and the day I took it to the director of the ministry a woman walked in with an unbelievably generous donation as I had the table runner in my hand. I took one look at the check and just handed her the table runner as a thank you.

The second table runner I quilted a little heavier in the triangle borders and donated it to the ministry. They put it up for silent auction with the auction ending the first day of Advent. I am happy to say that the table runner brought in another $200.00 for the ministry.

Now members of the church are coming forward with other quilts and such that they have made and they have not given away and we are going to have a bigger sale in the fall. Guess I need to come up with another idea for that sale.
                                Tortugaquilter

Comment

Working...
                                X