Bears That Cate/ CHARITY Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bears That Cate/ CHARITY Bear

This is my project I would like to share with you. A gitr for the elderly and kids in need of a smile. My Mom had became a Rehab patent at our local nrsing home.There I becane aware of how much a simple gift brought so much joy to these unfortunate people. I lost my Mom and BF, began a new jurney as I found myself , finding some comfort in trying to make others feel better. Continuing the quest, they ask me to cotinue. I have began to make the big bear, I hope,will help supports the little bears,so I can let this journey become a speciala part of my life. As I am trying to put
    mmy life back together.

I kmow one day when thinkimg of her, a smile will come to my face ,before a tear falls from my eye. Unti then........
    My heart is full of saaaaadness. I can still do sometging good with it. Photes on profile albums.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Re: Bears That Cate/ CHARITY Bear

Loving your bears! Have you seen some that are made from old quilts? Others that I love (which may not be appropriate in a nursing home situation) are those made from chenille bedspreads. What a wonderful thing you have going for your mission!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

nothing helps heal a broken heart better than helping others . Your mother is smiling down and telling everyone in heaven about how proud she is of her daughter.
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

(((((hugs)))). I think you have a great idea!

And I found sewing for others does help dealing with grief. I cried every time I worked on a memory quilt made from my brother's shirts for his daughter. It was pretty hard on me. Then my nephew said he wanted one too. The second quilt brought some happy moments, and I cried less. I am making some baby quilts out of his shirts for the future babies and I am feeling good about it. I still grieve the loss but I have many more happy memory days than crying days.

My wish for you is that you can find the happy memories again.

Comment

Thanks. Ido have many wonderful memhries. I am looking forward to embracing, a bridges, I have to cross. One day, but while working my way there this has been a saving grace of sorts. A gift within a gift. Keeps me busy and focused forward. Making . Moms
          B'day was May 31 ,been a little real, in my face lateiy. Sorry.
          Thanks for liking my bears. Thanks for the support.

....Bee
          The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
          ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Pics of bears I've made.
            Attached Files

....Bee

~~♡sigpic
            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

My son had cancer as an infant. One of the things I promised a student I lost to cancer is that Mike would go to a camp for cancer patients.
              When Mike was old enough, he went to Camp Care-free. They had teddy bears for all of the kids that year. He still has his bear up on a shelf in his room (and he's almost 26 now).
              Making bears is a special gift, that you may never realize how much they touch someone's heart. I know Mike's touched his.

Katrina
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I think your bears are adorable! Your Mom would be so proud of what you're doing. My Mom died 4 years ago from complications of Alzheimer's. She never knew I had started quilting. I have her with me while quilting cos she's the gentle whispers I hear telling me to slow down..to do my best & enjoy what I do. Your bears show that as well. I'd like to think your Mom is helping you in the same way. Keep up the wonderful & caring thing you do.
                Gina

Comment

Thank you for sharing your stories. You inspire me to continue the efforts. I feel this is the gift that keeps on giving. Knowing that someone cares a bout you and what you are going through is powerful. When I give one of these bears away it comes with a tag ,
                  Someone Cares. I have been blessed to be able to give in this way. I wish I could do more.

....Bee

~~♡sigpic
                  ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Working...
                  X