Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"So Excited" Finally finished my peek -a- boo monkey quilt

Well ladies,
    I finally finished it...It is totally done. This is the first quilt I have totally finished. I am pretty pleased with it. I love the front for sure. The back, not as much, but it is ok. If I had it to do over again, I would use just one fabric for the back. But all in all I am happy with it. Even my first binding job turned out pretty good. I am so excited, I can't wait until the baby shower to give it to her.

The quilting pattern I did on the outer border, I kinda just drew it and put it on there. I just did not know what else to do. I think it looks ok.

Thanks again to all of you for your help and great comments of encouragement. I hope to be posting more projects here in the near future.

Carol
    Attached Files

Re: "So Excited" Finally finished my peek -a- boo monkey quilt

Carol, I'm absolutely apes about it! You've done such a great job on it. This is going to be an heirloom for that baby for sure! I hope mine will come out as cute as yours!!!

Wonderful job...Kudos!

Love, Ruby
    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Ooooh pretty!
      Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Carol, you did a FANTASTIC job! Your first quilt, too! What a wonderful feeling. Here's to bigger and greater things!
        When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Carol, Congratulations!!! You did a wonderful job. I knew your monkey quilt would be too cute, and it is!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Carol, I loved what you did with your quilt and as my husband loves, loves, loves, monkeys in any shape, I showed him your quilt. He absolutely loved it and asked me when I could make him one for him! Too funny! He thinks if you buy a card for anyone, for any occasion it should have a monkey on it! LOL He's a crazy man. Anyway, you did a great job. Hugs, Jan
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Re: &quot;So Excited&quot; Finally finished my peek -a- boo monkey quilt

Oh I knew this was going to be great and it sure is!! I just love this Carol, you did an amazing job on it....
              Alana
              To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
              alanashideaway.blogspot.com
              https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Thanks everyone...Like I said before, it is not perfect by no means, but I am real happy with the out come. I am sure that I
                learned a few things in the process(like the back.. LOL). Now to get some of my other ones finished up. I have a rag quilt 75% done...going to work on that next and get it finished.

Comment

you did a great job!
                  “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Carol you did not monkey around with this, it turned out so cute you should be proud. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Bernice
                    Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

They will go banana's over it!!! Great job.
                      Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                      THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                      :lol:

Comment

I still say that is one of the cutest quilts I have ever seen. I'm sure the receiver will love it too!

Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Jan stole my words right from under my fingers! Great job!

Comment

Carol that is one of the cutest quilts. You did a great job on it. It should be the hit of the shower and definitely a keepsake.
                            Mary
                            A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Carol, like Mary said, that quilt will be the hit of the shower! Wonderful job, and I love your vine and leaf quilting on the border - adorable!
                              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                              X