Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table cloth

Hi

I finished the fmq practise piece and it turned out good.

I did not do a very good job on attaching the binding by machine but it is good enough
    It is a practise piece!

Any way, I think it looks good on the table.

Annika
    Attached Files
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Table cloth

This is a practice piece? It looks good! I like the different patterns on the different colors.

I am making practice sandwiches and it seems like I'm getting worse instead of better. I'm trying out different things like silicon spray and quilting gloves. But my first attempts look better. *Big Sigh* I know I'll get the hang of it.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Annika, you did a lovely job on your practice piece. You can send me any you do not like. LOL

CraftHer, practice, practice, practice. Do not be so hard on yourself. I do not post mine as they are too horrible. LOL
      No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
      Aesop

Comment

Very nice!
        sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

HI - a lot of people mention fmq - what is this?

Comment

Originally posted by irene s View Post
            HI - a lot of people mention fmq - what is this?
            fmq: Free motion quilting.. You stear the fabic and make the pattern free handed.
            sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I also think it looks great!!!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

You will! And quilting gloves are a must, at least for me, I'm glad you got them.

Originally posted by CraftHer View Post
                This is a practice piece? It looks good! I like the different patterns on the different colors.

I am making practice sandwiches and it seems like I'm getting worse instead of better. I'm trying out different things like silicon spray and quilting gloves. But my first attempts look better. *Big Sigh* I know I'll get the hang of it.
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

This is just stunning quilting! So attractive! I think I will give that filler (the varied length straight lines) a try myself!
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

It is very attractive. Your FMQ is very nice.
                    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...
                    X