Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary Gift for friends.

IMG_3460.jpg
    This is my first dresden plate made with the dresden plate ruler and 1 Barbara Brackman Civil War charm pack - both items purchased from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I also purchased one-half yard of the same line of fabric for the borders and the backing. For the background and cornerstones I used a creamy print from my stash.
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; September 15, 2011, 08:11 AM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: Anniversary Gift for friends.

Wow, this is beautiful. Love the colours. How long does it take you to make something like this?
    sigpic

Comment

That looks so good on the table. Very nice colours.
      Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Just beautiful. What a lovely gift.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Actually, it only took a few days since I didn't think to make it until very nearly time to attend the anniversary festivities. It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to construct it. I decided to quilt each block before putting them together with the borders. It took some time to figure out the order for putting it all together. I actually quilted the blocks without the plates on them first. Next, I added the borders and the backing. Next I stitched in the ditch around the borders to hold the backing in place. Finally, I hand-stitched the plates onto the already quilted blocks. Then I made a label for the back with my embroidery machine and pinned it in place so it was caught on two sides by the binding. Lastly, I hand-stitched the two sides of the label to the quilt back.
          Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8656[/ATTACH]
          This is my first dresden plate made with the dresden plate ruler and 1 Barbara Brackman Civil War charm pack - both items purchased from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I also purchased one-half yard of the same line of fabric for the borders and the backing. For the background and cornerstones I used a creamy print from my stash.
          Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; September 15, 2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I really like that, very classy looking. I have the Civil War in a layer cake that I haven't used yet.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Gorgeous! Would look very nice on lots of dining room tables. Very classic....very classy! What a nice gift!

Comment

Rebecca, what a thoughful gift! And so beautifully made. Very classy and lovely! I'm sure it will mean more to them than another vase from Macy's.
                sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Gorgeous work you do! Thanks for sharing. BTW my anniversary is coming up . . .
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Nice, very, very nice

Comment

"Classic" you just can't beat a dresden plate and your first one, Well done! Now I'm inspired to make my first dresden plate, thanks for Sharing. Have a Happy Quilting day!
                      Happy Quilting,
                      Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice! Philippians 4:3
                      Link: Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
                      Link:I Will PRAISE Him!

Comment

Sooo beautiful, great great job, the colors are a dream.
                        Can't wait for my order to be here, to do a dresden plate myself
                        I love that.
                        Best wishes and Greetings
                        Kerstin:icon_hug:

I put my rootbeer in a square cup.... now it's just beer :)

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Sandy, I'll keep that in mind. LOL

Comment

That is really lovely, you did a great job and I'm sure the anniversary couple will cherish it for years to come.
                            Mary
                            A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Lovely table runner! Don't you just love that dresden ruler? It makes it so easy to put a Dresden together. I've got a few in the making--one of my UFOs--really want to get it finished. Hope it turns out as nice as yours did.
                              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                              X