Busy Bee, that's been me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy Bee, that's been me....

So…I’ve been a busy sewer lately. I haven’t been posting as much because I’ve been parked in front of my machine doing, doing, doing…. Good thing too because now that things are starting to thaw out (Finally!!) it will be time to plant the garden before I know it.

So far this year I’ve made 9 quilts and 11 all together. Considering I just learned to sew and made my very first quilt for my kiddo to give him on Christmas, that’s a lot of quilts!

I’ve still got two large lap tops to quilt and finish and I started a new top today, but here’s what I’ve completed. The last pic (next post) is the full sized JRR2 I did for kiddo, and my fav. I backed it with flannel and it’s sooooo snuggly and warm.
    Thanks for looking.

Baby, crib, and tummy time quilts-

I Spy Star boy2 sm.jpg

This one is not on a pink background, it's the sun shining through the pink flannel backing. It's white background just like the one above-

I Spy Star girl sm.jpg

Girl Flannel sm.jpg

Boy Flannel sm.jpg

Baby Pinks sm.jpg

Baby green and blue sm.jpg
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Re: Busy Bee, that's been me....

Giant Vintage Star (it's HUGE!)

Vintage Star sm.jpg

Slice of Life

Slice of Life sm.jpg

Springtime runner

Table Runner sm.jpg

My son's JRR2

JRR2.jpg

Comment

Your projects are all lovely! You are definitely an advanced beginner to be putting out this kind of work!

Comment

Good for you! You have done a wonderful job on all of these quilts. What an inspiration you are!
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

They are amazing! Nobody could tell you just started quilting a few months ago! All of them are gorgeous! The borders for your son's JRR2 add a lot pf pizzazz.

Comment

Wonderful work.

Comment

My goodness, lovely quilts and completed in such a short time. Do you ever sleep!!!??

Comment

Those are all beautiful!!!
                sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

You have been a busy beaver. Those are some great looking quilts.

Comment

Goodness! Do you ever do anything besides quilting? With that sort of turnout? :-D
                    Brilliant work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JMAJRA View Post
                      Do you ever sleep!!!??
                      Sleep? What's that???

Originally posted by Heidiho View Post
                      Goodness! Do you ever do anything besides quilting?
                      Lol... I have a farm and pretty soon I will be so busy working outside and planting the gardens that I'll be lucky to sew once a month.

Comment

LOL Leah, we most likely won't see you til after Fall cleanup, so yes, sew while you can!!! All your quilts are just wonderful, and well done! Great feeling isn't it, to know you are so very capable and there is more fabric fun on the way? Hugs!
                        What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Beautiful quilts guess you have been a busy beaver , quilting can be so relaxing great job

Comment

Very impressive - so many quilts . . and one prettier than the other! You certainly have the gift of quilting and picking wonderful designs and colors - can I ask about the pattern for the very first quilt that shares the pattern with the "not pink" background . . did you go by a formal pattern or just design yourself . . I find it very striking!!
                            NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
                            ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
                            ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
                            ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
                            ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
                            "B"

Comment

Woweeeee!! Love your color/fabric choices - and seriously - do you sleep??

Comment

Working...
                              X