Disappearing Hourglass in Kaffe Fasset Reds with white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing Hourglass in Kaffe Fasset Reds with white

I finished piecing the blocks and put them together yesterday. Now I need to do borders. The joining points where white diamonds and print diamonds come together did not all come out well so I am thinking of adding on top of the intersections via applique.Capture.JPG
    :icon_wave:
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.

Re: Disappearing Hourglass in Kaffe Fasset Reds with white

Originally posted by JustcallmeLola View Post
    ...... The joining points where white diamonds and print diamonds come together did not all come out well so I am thinking of adding on top of the intersections via applique.[ATTACH=CONFIG]103397[/ATTACH]
    it is a lovely quilt. I did not think Kaffe Fassett material could be used this way - thank you for teaching me something new! As to adding the applique, my first thought was - "Imperfectly finished is better than perfectly unfinished." But whatever you do, your quilt is lovely.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! I love the contrast between Kaffe Fassett's very loose, dominant prints and the traditional block. I think for people who are afraid of using his fabrics, this quilt is a perfect argument for how lovely the quilt is when you just go for it.
      Thimbleena

Comment

Lovely looking quilt! I'm also glad to see how you used his prints with traditional fabrics I would have never thought to do that. You've blended those fabrics beautifully.
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Your quilt is turning out beautiful. I am like a recent post. I did not know you could do that with kaffe fasset fabric. I never envisioned a traditional quilt with the artsy fartsy fabric from his line. Thank You for posting this!
          Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

My son would be in heaven if his wife would agree to a red and white quilt. What a lovely quilt!

Katrina
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh my we're doing almost the same quilt this is amazing I've chosen 4 different shades of red (but not Kaffe Fassett's) and a very pale cream! And i can tell they're both nice! absolutely
              My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

This is lovely. Red and white, in my humble opinion, is so gorgeous in a quilt (or anything for that matter LOL)

Comment

A beautiful striking quilt. I know what you mean about those joining stars, I had a heck of a job with mine. My recipient loves it and doesn't even know about those pesky joins that aren't all the same size. That's working on the bias for you.

Comment

So beautiful. I love the red and white combo
                    It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins. ~Chinese Proverb
                    sigpic
                    There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins. ~Josh Billings

Comment

Gorgeous!!! Looking forward to seeing it completed. I don't see that the quilt needs applique. In the tutorial those little join areas are not the same size, it just adds pops of color through the quilt.
                      sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Beautiful quilt! Perfect use of fabric.

Comment

I love red and white!!!!!! This looks truly IMO very balanced, the contrast is ,for me perfect but what do i know..LOL. Can you pin a few of the appliqué just to see if it would work?. Again i think it's perfect.
                          Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

Love me some red and white quilts! Beautiful...

Comment

It looks great, Lola. I like the geometric design & I think I would go with it & not worry about being off a few mm here and there -- the overall pattern will draw the eye, not a mismatched corner. Appliqué might detract from the overall pattern.

In any case, it's lovely.

Comment

Working...
                              X