Adding border to QAYG is tricky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding border to QAYG is tricky

Today I added quilted borders to my Summer in the Park, which was already partially quilted. It was a bit tricky because the batting that is already on the back, and the batting already on the border can be a bit much to handle. However, it turned out fine. It would have been easier if I hadn't decided to miter the corners. But, it turned out just as I'd imagined, and I love it.
    These pictures were taken before I took out the miters and redid them. They are now even "tighter" with the pre-quilting on the border matching almost perfectly. I'm just waiting for UPSP to bring the backing from M* so I can add it, add more quilting, and bind it. Obviously I haven't trimmed the batting on the outside edge.
    This has been a really fun project because I am learning a lot about QAYG and I love it!
    20150227_125852.jpg20150227_125901.jpg20150227_125942.jpg
    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
    George Eliot

Re: Adding border to QAYG is tricky

You did a beautiful job on this quilt. I really like how you used different colors for the border and your miters are very nice. Hope you get your backing soon.
    :icon_wave:Debby

Comment

That turned out really nice
      The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Comment

looks great. how did you finish the back when you assembled your quilted units? can you show us a picture of the back too? thanks!

Comment

Very nice! I haven't tried the QAYG method yet but it is on my list.
          sigpicCarolyn

Comment

That looks great!! I love the fabrics!
            sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by katier825 View Post
              looks great. how did you finish the back when you assembled your quilted units? can you show us a picture of the back too? thanks!
              Once I get my backing fabric (in the mail from M*) I'll add it, add additional quilting to attach and bind. I'll be sure to post. The back won't have all the quilting of the front, but I don't plan on having it show all that much when the front is so cheery!
              ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
              George Eliot

Comment

Working...
              X