Finished this quilt this morning-isewman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished this quilt this morning-isewman

Heres a quilt, I finished this morning. Its 78 x 102''. The pattern I got from a magazine of Fons and Porter. The name is called "Old and New". I even have a quilt, I'm going to start on within the hour. I'm going to say its a variation of a dble wedding ring. The pattern is called " Apron String", from a book by Judy Martin--Stellar Quilts. A very nice book. I have tons and tons of cutting the pieces to do. 1 more thing, I will post more info Wed-Thur. , of my great grdson/twins. They were born last night 2-1-2015. The names this time is Carson Ricky and Camden Todd. 1 was going to be called Aiden. They changed there mind. So I had to rip off the name tag on the back of 1 of the babys quilt. TAKE CARE Everyone. Don-isewman Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1658409

Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1658410

Name:	001.JPG
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	1658411

Name:	002.JPG
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1658408 The 1 picture is of coacoa. She in a partial box of my scraps, protecting them

Re: Finished this quilt this morning-isewman

That quilt is very nice!!! And the one you are planning to start....wow!!!

Sorry you have to change the tag, but it is kind of funny. My daughter did that w/her youngest boy too! All along his name was going to be Thomas and at the last minute, they named him Ashtyn, because his older brother mentioned that name and they all liked it!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Don, you do beautiful work. Congratulations on the new baby twins. They will cherish their quilts.

Comment

Love the quilt! Made me laugh when you said you had to rip off the name tag from the quilt. I would have been tempted to leave it and tell them it was their fault it was wrong.

Coacoa saves you the work of sewing your scraps into a bed for her, she'll just sleep in the box.
        K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful! My son and wife did that with one of their kids, told me one name right after birth, but changed it on the birth certificate! Of course, I had embroidered the original name on the quilt block in the center of the quilt. But they changed the name in honor of my late husband, so I forgave them!

Love your furry companion guarding the scraps!

Comment

I learned not to give a name on the baby quilts until I know if it is a boy/girl? My DILs sister said she was for sure having a girl and so excited to be able get girly things for her. His name is Liam. I just had a hunch that it was another boy and stayed with neutral gender colors. Was glad I did. Had to make a new label, but at least it wasn't attached to the quilt.!!!!

Comment

Very pretty quilt you have there! Too bad about changing the name tag, though. LOL to your fur baby - found a great spot to rest while "helping". And I love the photo of the Apron Strings pattern. That looks very impressive. Can't wait to see what colors you use for that one.

Comment

Beautiful quilt! Am anxious to see your DWR. Wish I was that accomplished. Guess it's a good thing you didn't embroider that name on!
                Vernona

Comment

Congratulations! The quilts are beautiful and I'm happy to see that you have a guard for your scraps.
                  Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

"Old and New" is a beautiful quilt, and I am sure you will do just as wonderful work with "Apron Strings". I liked seeing Coacoa in the box of scraps. She surely knows they are something to be guarded and protected.
                    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Beautiful quilt; nice work!

Comment

Don, as usual your work is great. Congratulations on twins in the family. That means you can keep both arms busy at the same time. Love your fur-baby protecting your scraps.

Good luck on the new quilt.
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Gorgeous quilt!!!
                          sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Don your quilt came out great.I really like the Apron Strings pattern I haven't seen that one before.
                            Joan

Comment

I absolutely adore your work. Can't wait for the other pics of the babies.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X