Summer House Quilt Top Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer House Quilt Top Completed

I have to say I am sooooo proud of this one. It is by far, my favorite to date. My son helped me measure and he loves the colors just about as much as I do.

Jelly Roll Race pattern, with added 2.5" white squares after each strip, bordered in white, added charm square row on top and bottom to add length, bordered entire quilt in white and then one of my favorite Summer House prints.

summerhousequiltsized.jpg
    -Ela :icon_bigsmile:

"If you think you can, you will. If you think you can't, you won't. Either way you're right" -Henry Ford

Re: Summer House Quilt Top Completed

Great job. Love the colors and pattern.
    Thanks for sharing.

Comment

You did a great job. I like the little white squares added into the strips.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Ela that is lovely and I like the idea of adding the white squares and charms, that's a great way to add to the size. I have a very close friend looking at buying that jelly roll for a baby quilt, something they can grow with so not too babyish. I hope you don't mind I emailed your picture to her so she can see how it looks in a quilt. It actually looks more blue than I would have expected.
        Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Ela, your quilt is so pretty. I love the cheerful colors. I like the way the little white squares help break up the strips and the charms really give it a nice touch. My favorite strip quilt by far. Nice job!
          Bec

Comment

On a wet August morning this quilt is just what is needed - it is so bright and cheery!

Love the idea of the charm pack blocks at the top and bottom, now I wish I'd bought a charm pack to go with my jelly roll!

Elaine
            my blog: http://craft-e-place.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Very nice Ela, love the white squares and the way you did the border. I've been wanting to do a strip quilt and now I'm really wanting to after seeing yours. Tell your son, "A job well done."
              Mary
              A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Good Morning!
                What a lovely idea turned into a quilt. The colors are wonderful, your son is a good egg, and your sharing with us here is a big bonus for all. Great idea to put the white blocks in as a breaker.
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Beautiful...

Comment

Really, really pretty! So cheerful. Love the way you added length to it with the charm squares. Great job!
                    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

This is really gorgeous. I really like the white squares between colors and it saved you from sewing all those diagonal seams! I'm especially fond of the Summer House line. You took a good idea and made it great!!! Barb
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love your idea and the finished quilt. What is the finished size?

Comment

Very nice. I love the personal touches you gave the jelly roll pattern. Awesome!
                          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

This is a wonderful quilt top..I love the special touches you added. Summer House is one of my favorite fabric lines. You did a terrific job, Elalew!!!! Barb
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What a cheerful quilt! Your 'helper' and you did a great job on it! Did you follow a pattern or make it up yourself?

Comment

Working...
                              X