Pillowcases!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pillowcases!

Today I practiced making pillowcases using the burrito method. I made 6 and those will go to my mom. I told her what I was doing and she insisted that I make her some because she didn't have enough. Then I spent the day ironing, squaring fabric, and cutting out 17 pillowcase sets for Cyber Elves. Now I get to make more pillowcases!

IMG_0510.JPGIMG_0509.JPGIMG_0508.JPGIMG_0507.JPG
    Melissa

I really hate it when the voices in my head argue among themselves as though I wasn't even in the room.

I tried to be normal once......worst two minutes of my life.

Re: Pillowcases!

WOW Melissa... that's a lot... so nice of you.. I've ordered some Christmas Fabrics and plan on making some as well,,,, it's such a great cause and Ruby is a dedicated person to it...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Holy Moly Melissa, I'd say you're on a roll.

You're Mom is going to love her new pillowcases. They look lovely. Don't you just love the Burrito Method?!?

You'll get faster and faster as you go. I play some great music in the background and get into a groove. lol
      sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Those look great!
        Visit my shop!
        www.sewfannyhandmade.bigcartel.com

Comment

Wow!! You are way ahead of me! I need to get a move on. I think I can do them in my sleep now - just love making them! Cyber Elves is such a great cause and I always end up making a few for the kids in the family.
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Do you think it's better to wash the material before hand, then sew them? I was going to make some for my kids for Christmas.

Comment

Those are great. Don't ya just love making them. They are so fun and easy to do.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

I love doing them! And your idea to cut a bunch first is a great way to assembly line make them unencumbered by the thought processes! I get on a roll and think creative thoughts and just churn them out, not having to really do any hard thinking about what I am doing with my hands! It's sort of the zen of sewing to me!

Comment

What is the finished size of the pillowcase? What size pillow form would they best fit?
                  I am inspired to make a couple of these before Christmas.
                  Preeti
                  http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

What is the "Burrito" method?

Comment

[QUOTE=Preeti;627594]What is the finished size of the pillowcase? What size pillow form would they best fit?

Preeti...size is about 22x31. Jenny has a tutorial for them...for standard/large bed pillows
                      :icon_wave: Lynn

Comment

[QUOTE=lynnl55;627641]
                        Originally posted by Preeti View Post
                        What is the finished size of the pillowcase? What size pillow form would they best fit?

Preeti...size is about 22x31. Jenny has a tutorial for them...for standard/large bed pillows
                        Thank you Lynn :-)
                        I have seen the tutorial. It just does not tell you the finished size or what size pillow form to buy for it
                        Preeti
                        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here is the tutorial I found on burrito style. What a great methods for beautiful seams. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAomYjHzUQk
                          ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
                          George Eliot

Comment

Thank you. I just watched it. Gonna try some.

Comment

I make these all the time. They make quick gifts, and this method is so easy. Jenny has a tutorial on this method. I have also made them for the local women shelter and donated them to charity auctions. Easy to assembly line them when you make a bunch at one time.
                              My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

Working...
                              X