X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mammasawn
    replied
    Re: King Size Rag Quilt

Gorgeous! I've only made baby sized...wait..correction..I did make a 'full' sized rag quilt for my DIL last year at Christmas. My first 'anything bigger than a baby blanket' project. It came out okay and is now much smaller since I guess I failed to tell them not to wash it in hot water! I've been thinking of making a king sized one but couldn't envision it in my head! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Leave a comment:

• sally
    replied

Wow is that nice...like it that size don't need my specs Love the colors. I make rag quilts too but never one that big. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• Elaine
    replied

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful. Can you make a rag quilt from regular cotton fabric?

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Me likey! Picture not too big and quilt is lovely. I must try one. Looks like fun!

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

I love how large your photo is - can see the detail! Your quilt turned out wonderful and can't wait to start on mine. I have all kinds of favorite pieces of flannel that I want to put together. Yours in an inspiration to get me started soon.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• Txgrandma
    replied

Thanks for all the compliments, I really enjoy doing the rags they are a lot fun especially when you take them out of the dryer. Barb I do use batting in mine, the Warm and Natural, that has became my favorite batting.

Leave a comment:

• Tssprague
    replied

That's beautiful! I don't think your picture is too big at all. I like them so I can see them

Leave a comment:

• bopeep
    replied

I LOVE ...LUV...LOVE ..IT ......
    bopeep

Leave a comment:

• donnah818
    replied

Love the quilt. I have been thinking of trying one,now I know I will. Thanks for sharing photo

Leave a comment:

• institches64
    replied

The more I look at it, the more I love it! Now I will definately try one for our king bed.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I adore your rag quilt!!! I make them all the time and I know how bulky a king sized one can be. Love your colors. Do you put batting in yours? I don't..I use three layers of flannel, which makes the fringe super thick and fluffy, but it adds to the cost of making the quilt. Isn't it exciting to take them out of the dryer the first time and see the fringe and how soft the whole thing is? Great job...Barb

Leave a comment:

• quiltercaroline
    replied

A lovely colour scheme and a great quilt. Well done with the photo, I have only just joined and had to navigate that one as well. Know you know how to do it I look forward to seeing some more lovely quilts.

Leave a comment:

• Txgrandma
    replied

institches, mine is made from all cotton, they work up very nice, I've made two this one and one for our travel trailer, a lot of the fabrics are the same in both. For the trailer I made cornice board covers to match the quilt, a little tricky to figure out since I couldn't get the others off. I also made a valance to match this one it just doesn't show in the pic. The squares are 12".

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by institches64 View Post
    I love it ! I have a king size and didn't know if I could do one that big but apparently you can! Do you think would look nice if I used cotton fabric instead of flannels? I ask because I have the fabric to match my roman shades, but it is regular cotton.
    Definitely use the fabric to match your shades. The regular cotton will fray just as well or better than flannel. I hope to have one I'm working on from regular cotton posted today or tomorrow.

Mary, I love your quilt!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shirley
    replied

Very pretty Mary. I really love those colors!! Nice picture - not too big

Leave a comment:

Working...
X