King Size Rag Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Size Rag Quilt

I've had some great tutoring on here for posting photos, now let's see if I can follow instructions.
    If it works this a King Size Rag Quilt bedspread that I made last year. Her it goes, LOL.
    Mary
    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Re: King Size Rag Quilt

Ok wow it worked but why did it come in so huge, do I need to size it down some more. I didn't mean for t to be so "In your face". I sized it down in paint before putting it into photobucket.
    Mary

Comment

No...it isn't too big at all. Your quilt is really gorgeous. Thank you so much for letting me see it. I love it.
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

WOW! I love that quilt you did a great job! Are those hard to do?

Comment

Thanks ladies I appreciate the compliment .
          The pics are still coming in so big what size do you all use on photobucket.
          Stefanie, the rag quilts are the easiest to me. After you cut your squares and make your sandwiches you sew from corner to corner in both directions, then all you dou do is lay it out sew it all together and clip the seam allowances. That's pretty well it. That how I was taught anyway. I noticed Jenny has a tutorial for one if you want to check it out.
          Mary

Comment

Very pretty and love the matching pillows you did as well.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

It's gorgeous Mary and no way is it too big, I like to see the detail. I've never made a rag quilt but have taught several other how to do them, lol. I just bought flannel with the intention of making one though so we will see. I like that you have use larger squares, I think this will a good idea, less snipping for my poor wrists to deal with.
              Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Really pretty. Love the layout of your colors and the matching pillows.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I love it ! I have a king size and didn't know if I could do one that big but apparently you can! Do you think would look nice if I used cotton fabric instead of flannels? I ask because I have the fabric to match my roman shades, but it is regular cotton.

Comment

wow that is beautiful. love the colors
                    Patrice

Comment

Very pretty Mary. I really love those colors!! Nice picture - not too big
                      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by institches64 View Post
                        I love it ! I have a king size and didn't know if I could do one that big but apparently you can! Do you think would look nice if I used cotton fabric instead of flannels? I ask because I have the fabric to match my roman shades, but it is regular cotton.
                        Definitely use the fabric to match your shades. The regular cotton will fray just as well or better than flannel. I hope to have one I'm working on from regular cotton posted today or tomorrow.

Mary, I love your quilt!!!!
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

institches, mine is made from all cotton, they work up very nice, I've made two this one and one for our travel trailer, a lot of the fabrics are the same in both. For the trailer I made cornice board covers to match the quilt, a little tricky to figure out since I couldn't get the others off. I also made a valance to match this one it just doesn't show in the pic. The squares are 12".
                          Mary

Comment

A lovely colour scheme and a great quilt. Well done with the photo, I have only just joined and had to navigate that one as well. Know you know how to do it I look forward to seeing some more lovely quilts.

Comment

I adore your rag quilt!!! I make them all the time and I know how bulky a king sized one can be. Love your colors. Do you put batting in yours? I don't..I use three layers of flannel, which makes the fringe super thick and fluffy, but it adds to the cost of making the quilt. Isn't it exciting to take them out of the dryer the first time and see the fringe and how soft the whole thing is? Great job...Barb
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X