Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt completed - largest to date!!!

Hi All
    I am new to the forum and am trying to find my way around. So I thought I would jump right in and share my newest finish with you. It is a king sized quilt that I have made for my parents. I used Jo Morton fabric and a pattern from a UK patchwork magazine. It is machine pieced and quilted - although I couldn't face wrestling with in as a whole, so completed it is two pieces and then after the quilting was completed put the halves together. It isn't perfect but I am pleased with it and love the fabric. I have some left over and am now planning another (smaller) quilt to use them up. Hope you like the photos and I manage to post them correctly.
    Attached Files

Re: Quilt completed - largest to date!!!

Hello Caroline and welcome to the forum. What a gorgeous quilt!! I know your parents will feel very proud to know you've worked hard to make their gift. I know you say it's imperfect but it looks quite perfect to me. It is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Welcome to the group, Caroline. What a beautiful quilt. Let me know if Mom & Dad don't like it - because it's the correct size and the right colors for ME . . . your quilty sister you never knew you had . . .

You will have so much fun here. Come often, stay long. We do love pictures!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Welcome Caroline, I agree with Sandy, I just love the colors and your quilt is beautiful and I would like to be the next in line if your parents don't just love it.

Bernice
        Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. Love the quilt, love the colors, love the pattern. Great job! Hope to see many more!

Comment

Caroline, welcome from Vermont. I love your quilt. The pattern is awesome; I've never seen it before. The colors and fabrics are just my style too. Your parents are going to love it and will show it off to all their friends because their daughter made it. Lovely! Great job.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Beautiful quilt Caroline! I love the warm, earthy colors.
              Bec

Comment

It's funny how the person that makes the quilt always sees the flaws. I do the same thing. Your quilt is very nice. Your parents should be thrilled. And I see nothing wrong with it at all.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Wow! Gorgeous! I am also new to the forum. I think your king size quilt is beautiful! You do such nice work--I hope that someday I can get my quilts to look that good. I'm working on my first one and I enjoy it so much , but it IS lots of hard work!

Comment

Beautiful!! I love the pattern, and the colors are my favourite ones!

Comment

Caroline, Welcome to the forum. We're happy to have you join us. Your quilt is wonderful...great fabrics...love the pattern. You did a wonderful job. I like the idea of doing a quilt in halves. It would really make it easier to handle if you are using a regular sewing machine. We always seem to be our own worst critic. That's because you have been working up close and personal with your quilt and know every time a stitch was skipped or something else happened. All our quilts will have imperfections because we are human beings, not machines. It's part of what makes each quilt unique. Give yourself a big pat on the back for making a fabulous quilt!!! Barb
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Really, really nice. Love the quilting as well as the colors. I'm sure your parents adore their new quilt too, I would!
                        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Welcome, Your quilt is beautiful. You have very lucky parents. Donna
                          :icon_wave: Those who sleep under a quilt are wrapped in love

Comment

Welcome! Your parents are very lucky...your quilt is wonderful! Stop by and visit often!
                            sigpic
                            Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

This is a striking quilt! Such a great contrast of colors. Super duper job! Welcome to our Forum. You'll love it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X