• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Around the Block' quilt - great way to use up scraps

Great quilt!
    Beth

Comment

House quilts are my favorite. Yours is especially nice.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Beautiful! Love the house details in the border!!
        sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

Great quilt - and it doesn't look at all 'scrappy'. The colours co-ordinate perfectly. Well done

Comment

beautiful quilt! Way over my skill level and probably my patience too

Comment

Originally posted by sewUK View Post
              Great quilt - and it doesn't look at all 'scrappy'. The colours co-ordinate perfectly. Well done
              BTW where did you get the pattern? Haven't been able to find it anywhere. Thanks

Comment

This is so cute, love the houses around it!
                Maureen 

Comment

Love the border!

Comment

Love this! I like your idea of making the center bigger and turning the houses around. I like how the darker colors make them stand out from the background. I'm anxious to see how your next one using pastel colors will look. Don't forget to share!
                    Bec

Comment

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I love this quilt !!!
                      The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Comment

I like the pattern too. It would be perfect for my mother who collected the Hallmark doll houses for years and years!
                        Did you use another border outside of the houses when you finished it?

Comment

Ohhh, that's a pretty one!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMyMachines View Post
                            I like the pattern too. It would be perfect for my mother who collected the Hallmark doll houses for years and years!
                            Did you use another border outside of the houses when you finished it?
                            No, I didn't. Just the binding. I think your mom would love to have a quilt like this!
                            Thank you for stopping by, Chokoboysmom

Comment

Originally posted by sewUK View Post
                              BTW where did you get the pattern? Haven't been able to find it anywhere. Thanks
                              I bought the pattern from my local quilt shop. It is designed by Bunny Hill Designs. I went on their website the other day and could not find it. I'm not sure where you would be able to get a copy of it. Maybe contacting their office, directly?
                              Thank you for stopping by, Chokoboysmom

Comment

That pattern has been on "my list" for some time. I've always wondered why the houses were turned the way they are - definitely need to be the other way for use on a bed.

You did a beautiful job - makes me want to get that one checked off the list.
                                Donna

Comment

Working...
                                X