Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some pics l took of the competition quilts at the "Melbourne Australia Craft and Quilt Fair" this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pics l took of the competition quilts at the "Melbourne Australia Craft and Quilt Fair" this weekend

Some pics l took of the competition quilts at the Melbourne Australia Craft and Quilt Fair this weekend.. Such beautiful quilts and so much work ...Sigh!!! One day maybe l might reach this standard..

CrazyQuilt.jpg ...... Eagle.jpg
    Stars.jpg ...... PinkandBlue.jpg
    peacocks.jpg ...... Lillies.jpg
    DrunkardsPath.jpg ...... Dresdens.jpg
    DresdenFlowers.jpg ...... blackandwhite.jpg
    Last edited by Lisaau; July 30, 2011, 04:48 AM.
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Re: Some pics l took of the competition quilts at the "Melbourne Australia Craft and Quilt Fair" this weekend

Wow Lisa! Those are some fabulous works of art! I have to get my drool cloth out now!!
    Thank you for sharing!!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Re: Some pics l took of the competition quilts at the "Melbourne Australia Craft and Quilt Fair" this weekend

Hi Lisa
      I agree wow. I went to a quilt show at Caloundra Qld today and some of the work was magnificent. I was inspired though and came home and finished off the hand sewing of my second only quilt which had come to a stand still.
      cheers
      Robyn
      ​Robyn

Comment

So inspiring, I went a couple of years ago and was totally in awe, there are some very creative people out there (and here too :-)
        Wendy
        A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
        https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

Wow, beautiful! Some of them look like so much work that it makes my head hurt thinking about it!
          Bec

Comment

WOW, Lisa, thanks so much for sharing. We usually try to go to the Canberra Quilt and Craft Show, but can't make it this year. Your post gives us a wonderful glimpse.

Mary B.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. Such incredible workmanship and designs. Awesome!! Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Fantastic. Love the quilt in picture 7 and 10 best. Just great!!!!
                sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Lisa, are those quilts hanging upside down? (Just me being a smartie!!) Beautiful. I'd love to have the confidence to do an 'artsy' quilt. Maybe someday.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Beautiful!!

Alana
                    Alana
                    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Those are really beautiful, some very talented people out there. I attended a quilt show in Houston one year, first I had never seen so many quilts but the detail and the work on them was amazing and a little mind boggling. Can't imagine the time some of them must have taken.
                      Mary
                      A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Aren't quilt shows the best thing ever! thanks for sharing the pictures. Beautiful.
                        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                        X