X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SummerK
    replied
    Re: I'm making a bit of headway

Oh my goodness, that is seriously cute, Sandy!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
    Can't wait to see it finished. I've never seen a rag quilt done with a picture like that. Could tell it was a penquin though. (My daughter's first word was "Pengi" after we took her to the aquarium and she saw her first penguins.)
    Several years ago I was in Baltimore with my daughter and her much smaller family and we visited the aquarium there. They had a huge display of rays in a pool - there was a huge spiral stairway circling overhead and we had to literally hold on tight to her then 2YO who wanted to jump in and play with them. What an experience.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by bakermom View Post
    That's so cute! Did you draw it up yourself?
    Sort of . . . I saw a similar block picture designed for scrapbooking and ran with it.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

That's so cute! Did you draw it up yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Leigh
    replied

Can't wait to see it finished. I've never seen a rag quilt done with a picture like that. Could tell it was a penquin though. (My daughter's first word was "Pengi" after we took her to the aquarium and she saw her first penguins.)

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

Love the penguin Sandy.
    That embroidery - that's awesome. I just can't believe the talent that is out there.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

Barb....you do such great work, you deserve to have a thread all to yourself!! Why dont you start a new thread for your quilts and cross-stitch? I am very impressed with the cross stitch, envious even! As much as I love to do cross stitch, I have never been able to do something that intricate.
    Is your flag banner the same pattern that Jenny has in the back ground of her latest videos? I love it!!
    The swirly quilt is amazing!! Where did you find that pattern at....its so fun!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    Quilts & Other Passions

Here's the flag quilt/banner I did for the 4th. It was fun and easy. The wildly colorful quilt is what I made while recuping from shoulder surgery and broken back last year. I think I was trying to cheer myself up with color!

One of my other passions is doing portraits in counted thread embroidery. Each one takes so long to complete that we only have three in our home. I'm getting ready to begin the fourth. What other creative things do you do? I'm interested in knitting socks and that's on my list for this winter....Barb
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bec
    replied

That video is hillarious!

Sandy the quilt is precious. I love making kid stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Sandy, that is so cute. Can't wait to see it done.

Mary, that duckie quilt will be awesome too.

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

Cute Quilt Sandy!! Can't wait to see it finished!!

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

duckquilt.jpg

I've had this picture in my quilting bucket for quite awhile. One of these days, I plan on making the duck...may tweak the border some, but all in all, I want a quilt almost like this!!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Sandy that is too cute.
    Love the penquins. I used to watch that for hours, literally. It always makes me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Txgrandma View Post
    Oh Sandy that is addorable. I have done several rag quilts but never one like this, I'll have to keep this in mind for future quilts. Every time I get on the forum I am always amazed at what all of you do. It makes me even more aware of what all I have to learn and can learn on here. Does anyone have a pattern for a rag quilt Christmas Tree or know where I can find one. A friend had one that I was going to use but she has moved. I found one online but wasn't crazy about it.
    Here's one: http://quilting.about.com/od/ragquil...s/rag_tree.htm

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
    Thanks, I definitely needed that!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X