Help with uploading pics please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with uploading pics please

I have a show and tell I want to share but can't figure out how to upload the shots. Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Illine

Re: Help with uploading pics please

1. When you post a new thread there are icons above the text box. One looks like a paper clip. It is for attachments.
    2. Click on it and a "file upload manager" window comes up.
    3. Click on "add files". Then another window comes up.
    4. Click "select files" and it should bring up your computer files. Search for your photo and click open. If you see a red circle with an exclamation mark to the right in the file upload box, it means that your image is too large. You'll need to make it smaller before you can upload it.
    5. If there is no red circle, click "upload file" and it should upload your image.
    6. Then click "insert online" and click "done". Make sure your cursor is in the place that you want the photo inserted.

Whew! I hope I've told you correctly.
    Last edited by bec; July 17, 2011, 07:18 PM.
    Bec

Comment

May I add that when you scroll down to the reply box you need to look at the bottom right and click on the box "Go Advanced" and there are more options to attach the pic (and you can see the paperclip). At least that is the way it looks on my computer.
      Good luck!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

When you find out, will you please let me know, I'm in the same boat.....Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Patticakes is correct if you are replying to an already existing thread and you want to post a picture. If you are starting a new thread the paperclip is already there. At least that's the way it is on my mac computer, but I'm thinking it would be that way on a windows based computer as well. Just take a look and see which way it appears on yours. Thanks Patticakes for the additional information.
          Bec

Comment

Thanks to you all. I think my problem was that my shots are still too large... even after I made them 50% smaller. I'll give it another shot.

Comment

Try loading your images one at a time instead of all at once also. I have found the system will accept a larger file size if loaded separately but will reject the same image if attempting to upload it with other pics. Just go through the process described above for each image and make sure your insertion point is in the right spot where you want that pic to show up in your post. Good luck!
              Linda
              -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X