Quilted Shawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilted Shawl

I'm designing a pattern to make a quilted shawl (which will be available free on my blog once I get it the way I like it) and sewed up the first prototype this weekend. I think it turned out ok for the most part. I'm going to do a traditional binding next time so the quilting comes out smoother and also change the setting of the charm squares.

Hope you like!

Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest

Re: Quilted Shawl

What a wonderful idea. I reaally like all the special stitches. I have seen a quilted shawl with pockets for your hands. Yours is a lovely idea. Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love it will have to try one for my Mother. Love special stitches too and your little 4 legged helper!!!
      Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
      THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
      :lol:

Comment

Very cute idea!
        When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I love, love this, will definitely give it a try, will be watching for a pattern or try it without one, Thanks for sharing, it is beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful! Love the fancy stitching!

Comment

What a wonderful idea! And very pretty.

Comment

How wonderful to have a new designer in our group. Your quilted shawl is gorgeous! Why have I never thought to use the embroidery stitches on my machine? They add so much detail. Great job, Katherine !

Comment

What a great idea for any quilt guild to get busy and make some for nursing home residents!
                  Susan

Comment

Originally posted by shelsmom View Post
                    I love, love this, will definitely give it a try, will be watching for a pattern or try it without one, Thanks for sharing, it is beautiful!
                    I hope to have the pattern done in the next two weeks or so - waiting for a new shipment of charm packs to arrive at my house. I have the design sketched out, making it slightly bigger and on point this time.

Originally posted by Carol_Ann View Post
                    How wonderful to have a new designer in our group. Your quilted shawl is gorgeous! Why have I never thought to use the embroidery stitches on my machine? They add so much detail. Great job, Katherine !
                    I was inspired after reading a crazy quilting book! I thought this piece would be the perfect spot to use it on.
                    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                    Pinterest

Comment

Great idea! The stitching is really beautiful and adds so much to it. I'm looking forward to seeing your pattern!
                      Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                      Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Love it! Great stitching. Thanks for sharing.
                        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Hi, my name is Rhonda Green. l got on this site today because l'm on a mission and l need some expert feed back. 16 months ago God gave me an idea for a ladies retreat we will be hosting in sept 2013. l was to take prayer shawls and turn them into tote bags for the ladies. After they get them we will tell them that their bags are really prayer shawls and they are to take them apart and give them away when they get home. Here's what l'm looking for, l'm looking for an easy way to do this on the quilted ones. l am not a quilter, but l crochet and have completed 45 shawls so far. The crocheted ones l can figure out how to make bags out of them. Our ladies have made quilted ones but do not think they can be made into totes and back again easily. The shawls are 24"x72". lf you have any ideas l would greatly appreciate them. Oh and some little detatchable handle too please. Thank you, Rhonda Green
                          email [email protected]

Comment

If the quilted shawls are the same shape as the crochet ones.. i would treat them the same... using a large needle and perhaps some double strand thread (or pearl cotton)... for the "sewing".... as for the handles... do the same.. perhaps making them "crochet and tackthem onto the tote... that's a hard thing to do... but it sounds like a wonderful project.. good luck ladies...
                            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Thank you will try to let you know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                              X