Fabric Bowl and More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric Bowl and More!

I want to make a rug, but I thought I needed to start small. I saw a tutorial on rugs made with clothesline and immediately went on the hunt for the cotton clothesline, finally found it at Big Lots, these are very easy and addicting.

Here's the tutorial I followed:
    http://www.craftstylish.com/item/338...-a-fabric-bowl
    It's for a bowl, but all you have to do for a rug, is to keep sewing flat.

Also, I finished another baby quilt. The mommy loves monkees, so I did a little fussy cut squares with monkees in them.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Fabric Bowl and More!

Note to self: Go to Big Lots this weekend!! I've wanted to try a bowl...now's my chance!

Love the monkeys!! They always make me smile! I'm sure the baby will get as much joy fromt he quilt as the mommy will!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Cute projects. I made some of these bowls years ago and they all disappeared. Everyone loved them. Monkeys are adorable, too.

Comment

I love fabric bowls! Yours is so cute and the shape is perfect for so many things.

You can get the cotton clothesline at Joanns, Ace Hardware and other stores too - just keep your eye out. I've ordered mine online from Amazon as well.
        Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
        Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
        Pinterest

Comment

Your bowl/basket is really nice. I love the monkeys on the baby quilt....I'm sure it will be much loved. Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Be careful with the fabric bowls....making them is addicting!

Comment

Lovely! Hmmm fabric bowls.....another thing on my list. That darn list never gets shorter no matter what I get done because I keep adding to it.
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Nancy that is so funny.

Lisa, just beautiful.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I just ordered a fast turner to make tubes and have the larger covered piping pieces (don't know what they call that stuff - it's like cotton wrapped in a webbing) to make some bowls. Love those things!! Great going. You've just helped me add to my list of things I will never have time to finish.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Very nice!
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Lisa, I love the handles you put on the bowl! I've made only one bowl, but I've made chair pads for my kitchen table to match the valances. It's not hard at all, just time consuming going round and round and round. Now I want to make something else, seeing your bowl.
                      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                      X