lantern top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lantern top

I was working on finishing my first quilt, a string quilt, and decided I needed a break from it and started to make lantern blocks. Once I made one I couldn't stop! It's extremely uneven and seams don't match up in all places but making this top was a learning process and I made it for myself so I'm not going to get too upset by the mistakes.

I want to add a border of this pink and white striped fabric along the top and bottom but need to figure out how to do that. Any tips would be appreciated!

[ATTACH]lanterntop1.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Re: lantern top

Hi there.
    I think you did a fantastic job on your first quilt. It really is pretty. As for the border, there are tutorials..... I know Jenny has done some. However it is easy. Simply decide how wide you want to make your border. I will find one for you and post it .... best of luck and thank you for sharing your pretty quilt with us.
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I think this will help.....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjPaL...EF21A981F69C28
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I can see how those blocks would be addictive. Congrats on your first quilt.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thanks, Mia! So thoughtful, I appreciate it!

Hilary

Comment

Wow I really love that block, I've seen it done before but I love the fabrics you have used. You have done a fabulous job. I'm sure that video tutorial is all you will need but be sure to let us know if you need any extra help.
            Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

very pretty.. love the colors and the design.. great job!

Comment

Wow! This is gorgeous! You did a great job putting the fabrics together. What fun!

Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

What a cute quilt....so colorful and fun! I bet those blocks practically sewed themselves. Much fun. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I really like your quilt....the prints are wonderful and the black makes everything pop. I would cut the borders so the stripe runs horizontal, not vertical. In other words, don't make the stripe run parallel to the edges of your quilt. The stripes in your lanterns are horizontal and I think the border stripe would look great running the same direction. I hope I'm not confusing you......Barb
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks everyone. Barb--I will take your advice, makes perfect sense. Plus I have enough yardage that I won't have to piece the border if I cut it horizontally. Sweet!

Comment

Beautiful work!!

Comment

Oh those blocks are so adorable with that fabric! The sashing also really sets it off.
                          Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                          Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                          Pinterest

Comment

What a cute pattern. I've never seen that before. Lovely colors.
                            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I love your quilt! Don't worry about the points, mine are never perfect either and I don't care! LOL
                              The sashing fabric will be a perfect addition however you do it. Just makes it pop! Can't wait to see it after you attach it, hope you will repost!
                              Patti
                              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                              X