star skull quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

star skull quilt

Just the finished top so far but I love it and had to share.
    I used this pattern
    http://www.missouriquiltco.com/patte...b-pattern.html

cant wait to quilt it and put it on my bed! will be king size when its all done with the borders.

july 13th 061.JPG july 13th 071.JPG

Re: star skull quilt

Missie, I'm an old lady. I've asked my daughter and the grandkids but no one can give me a good answer. So, I'm hoping you know. What is the fascination with skulls and crossbones. Are you a pirate?

Absolutely wonderful quilt . . . I think I will stick to flowers and bugs . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Love those stars! I am crazy over stars. the black and white really make it pop!

Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Very cool. You did a great job.

Comment

Love this!

Comment

Your fabric made a terrific quilt. Skulls really are "in" right now. I once saw a black and white double wedding ring quilt all done in skulls and it was dramatic and really "groovy"....Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sandy..I think skulls and crossbones are so in and trendy lately due to a couple of things. One they are bad a** and the whole tattoo grunge style is soo hot. Its not subtle or fragile ..its out there and wicked sweet. I dont think I helped explain it at all..its just an attitude. an Im bad a ..dont take no crap..to cool for school thing.. on the inside. on the outside Im a mom of 3 teenagers.. work full time ..drive my kids around and make dinner by 6 every night. : ) and it goes good with my tattoos : )

Comment

Wow! The black really makes all the other colors pop. Great job!
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Originally posted by MissieP View Post
                  Sandy..I think skulls and crossbones are so in and trendy lately due to a couple of things. One they are bad a** and the whole tattoo grunge style is soo hot. Its not subtle or fragile ..its out there and wicked sweet. I dont think I helped explain it at all..its just an attitude. an Im bad a ..dont take no crap..to cool for school thing.. on the inside. on the outside Im a mom of 3 teenagers.. work full time ..drive my kids around and make dinner by 6 every night. : ) and it goes good with my tattoos : )
                  You said it well! Thanks - I guess if I had teenagers running around the house I'd feel like some, too. I told you, I'm an old lady!! The grandkids have knitting bags and totes with skulls, lots of black and white, lots of pink and flashy colors.

Comment

Love the stars, but I think I am with Sandy on the skulls. The black and white does make the colors pop.

Comment

Haha, I stared at the first picture for a LONG time trying to see a skull face in the solid looking stars. (It pays to enlarge the picture right away, especially when I am half brain dead after the work week I've had.)

I have to admit I've looked at the skulls and roses novelty fabrics many times. I can't exactly say why I like it, but I do. I don't think I'd ever have either one as a tattoo, but I still like the fabric. I've considered making a Dia de los Muertas quilt because I could get away with using that fabric as a focal point and it's my birthday! (and yes, I do have a tat.)
                      K is for Karen 😊​..................
                      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Karen, you crack me up. I wonder how many times we've all been in that situation where we just 'don't see it'. Too funny!

Comment

I love this quilt!!!!! I may try doing something similar for a friend of mine. She is obsessed with skulls.

Comment

this is so great! I love the fabric. Like Sandy I'm not into skulls and cross bones but I do like the black background. Makes the colours stand out. Love it.
                            Alana
                            To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                            alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                            https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Working...
                            X