Jelly roll quilt done and gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly roll quilt done and gone

Finally got the borders on, quilted and driven to TX..grand daughter loved it.
    Attached Files

Re: Jelly roll quilt done and gone

Very nice! Love what you did with the borders and your quilting is very nice. It's so fun to deliver quilts in person don't you think? I bet your DGD loved it!
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Very nice! Love the batik fabric and the way you varied the borders with alternated fabric and mitered corners. Did you free motion quilt it yourself on a sewing machine or long arm? I need to figure out how to quilt my jelly roll quilt soon. Yours looks great...I can see why your granddaughter loves it!
      Linda
      -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

This looks great. I really like the batiks as well.
        K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Whoa....this is nice! Love the color combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewbee View Post
            Very nice! Love the batik fabric and the way you varied the borders with alternated fabric and mitered corners. Did you free motion quilt it yourself on a sewing machine or long arm? I need to figure out how to quilt my jelly roll quilt soon. Yours looks great...I can see why your granddaughter loves it!
            Thank you..I love the batik jelly rolls. I mitered the borders to follow the "theme" of the angles and the quilting was done on my Janome sewing machine..took forever!! I read somewhere or heard that if you have straight lines you use curves or circles so that's why I did the swirly thing.

Comment

It was so much fun to make, and I think my favorite fabrics have become batiks..and Patti, I was nervous giving it to her, but wanted to see her reaction. lol...

Comment

Just beautiful.
                β€œWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Looks great, I love batiks too. I have never heard of "that if you have straight lines you use curves or circles so that's why I did the swirly thing. "
                  Is this a rule of quilting ????
                  Wendy
                  A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
                  https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

Just beautiful! Great quilting - I'm to scared to do my own quilting. How many jelly rolls did that take?
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

What a pretty quilt...love the colors. I really like your borders. What a treat for you to be able to deliver the quilt in person.....Barb
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by wendyw1 View Post
                        Looks great, I love batiks too. I have never heard of "that if you have straight lines you use curves or circles so that's why I did the swirly thing. "
                        Is this a rule of quilting ????
                        I've read this several times and in watching videos they talk about it. I think just an idea how to quilt different blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                          Just beautiful! Great quilting - I'm to scared to do my own quilting. How many jelly rolls did that take?
                          Nancy, it's so much fun once you get over the fear lol..and it took one Bali jelly roll and not much yardage for the borders.

Comment

Just beautiful.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Beautiful quilt, and your quilting is super. Thanks so much for sharing, so glad your granddaughter loves it!
                              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                              X