Son's 30th Bday Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son's 30th Bday Quilt

What a nightmare this queen size quilt was. I had the stupid idea of using fleece which was soooo difficult to work with. Kept getting pushed down into the bobbin chamber, stretching, etc. But finally got it done. Just tied it because I couldn't bear doing any more sewing on it. He liked it and that's all that matters to me.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Re: Son's 30th Bday Quilt

Wow, you've been super busy! Beautiful!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

It was a labor of love and I think it looks great. I'm sure your son will treasure it. I don't think fleece ever wears out, so it should be around for a long time. Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sorry about your frustration but it is a beautiful quilt! It will keep him warm in the winter for sure!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Love your blocks - don't you hate it when you've put all that work in and then have troubles?
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

how nice. you have been busy!
            Patrice

Comment

It turned out really nice, even with your frustrations. I've never worked with flannel in a quilt (but I've made garments with it and it can be temperamental). I was hoping quilter's flannel wouldn't have the same traits of regular flannel. I hope, as I want to make one some day.
              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make working with flannel easier? I'm about to start a baby quilt and I've never used flannel before.

Comment

That must be one of the most comfy quilts ever. I'm sorry you had so much trouble with it, but it looks really nice and you must be really proud since you persevered!
                  Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                  Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Nancy, that is a really nice quilt, sure to keep him warm both physically and mentally because you put so much love into it! Sorry for your frustration, but the end result is very nice...I like the color combination. He's a lucky man!

Did you use a fabric pen to make your label???
                    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Originally posted by teri lynne View Post
                      Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make working with flannel easier? I'm about to start a baby quilt and I've never used flannel before.
                      Teri, I found that if I put a small piece of paper under the fabric edge when I start to sew it prevents the jamming up in the bobbin/feed dog area. Just a little 1"x1" of scrap paper works.
                      ;)Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Mimis-quilts View Post

Did you use a fabric pen to make your label???
                        I printed the label with my inkjet printer, heat set it and then went over it with Pigma pens because I've learned the inkjet is not permanent.
                        ;)Nancy

Comment

AWWWW, this quilt is gorgeous, Nancy. A very special birthday present for your son! He'll love it.

Comment

Nancy, your son's handsome quilt is a gift of love and the texture of the fleece will surely lull him into a restful sleep as well. I wonder how many times in the future he will read your label with a smile on his face & warmth in his heart?

Comment

Working...
                            X