2 D9P done!! Three total

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 D9P done!! Three total

Well, I can report that the more you do the better one gets -- especially in my case! I also learned about steam-a-seam to hold the binding and then make a nice stitch with my machine that is elegant to stitch it in place. Very fun and pretty and a huge time saver. No pins needed and I got very nice corners. You all have been wonderful with helping. I'll try and see if I can post them right after Church today. My family wasn't very grateful - normal in my dysfunctional world - I also did something different.
    I made the middle 5 squares smaller so there were 4 rectangles and a square in the middle. It worked and turned out much better than I expected! I'll post so you can see -- but it gives you all another option with the D9P design that really changes it up!!

Have a great day and I'll post later. I've gotta get the kids going so they are ready for Church.

Got a minute -- pictures posted in the gallery: Melanee
    Last edited by Melanee; July 10, 2011, 10:37 AM. Reason: More info
    Melanee

Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Re: 2 D9P done!! Three total

Very nice!! I really like the center square being smaller, looks great!
    I'm ready to start a new project and really considering the D9P. What size did you make your center square? What size were the other squares? how many blocks did you make total and how big is your finished quilt, with and without borders? Lots of questions, I know, but I like to learn all I can before I start a project. Going to rewatch Jenny's video, too!

I'd like to use only 3 colors, and make the center square the same as the border, do you think that would look ok if the colors had sharp contrast?
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Good enough to eat, Melanee!

Comment

I just looked at your pictures. you do beautiful work.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Melanee......Love your quilt. I must be from the dark ages, as I've never heard of using Steam-A-Seam to hold your binding. I saw the gorgeous decorative stitch you used on the top. How did you do this??? Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

very pretty. what is this using steam a seam. I missed that one. what do you do?
            Patrice

Comment

Melanee your guilts are beautiful!! Love the fabrics and free motion quilting!

I just used Lite Steam-A-Seam2 to help me bind my recent wallhanging project and it worked great! I have been using the Lite Steam-A-Seam2 8.5" x 11" sheets for my fusible applique but I bought the roll of 1/4" Lite Steam-A-Seam2 for the binding and it really did save on time and pins. It is a double sided adhesive strip that you can press onto your binding so all is securely held in place while you machine stitch the binding.

Here is a link to the Steam-A-Seam website: http://www.warmcompany.com/lsaspage.html
              Linda
              -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Ugh, I lost what I had typed. Here I go again. Steam A Seam helps hold the binding perfectly while I did the decorative stitch. I stitched the double fold bias tape to the back and folded it to the front, where I steamed it into place and then could put a lovely decorative stitch with Sulky variegated 30 weight cotton. Middle for both mom and dad's was approx 42x60 and then finished out around 68 x 85 or so with boarders.

Thanks for your kind words. Just so appreciated in my world. I appreciate your kindness. It felt good to have then complete out so uniquely with the borders and yet the inside was so similar! Thank you all!!
                Melanee

Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

Working...
                X