My first Table runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Table runner

My first table runner and the first time I used my sewing machine to quilt this together. Machine quilting scared me to death! I think once I do this a few times the fear won't be there. I hope!!
    Attached Files

Re: My first Table runner

I like it! The design and fabrics are really pretty. Isn't it funny how we fear trying new things, even in quilting? Hand quilting scares me...lol.
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Great job! I love the colors. FMQ scared me, too at first. But I think it's kinda fun.
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I have the fear of machine quilting also. I recently quilted a 4th of July flag quilt and if you don't look too closely it's okay. I like your table runner. Pieces like this would make good gifts and give you practice machine quilting......Thanks for sharing....Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

i like your table runner. The best remedy against any fear is, do it again. It sure helps!!!!
          sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Your table runner would look great on MY table! Very nice work, don't worry about the FMQ, just keep practicing. I'm always nervous when I start FMQ on a project and mine is far from perfect but it goes so much quicker than hand quilting, which I love to do. I save the hand quilting for very special projects.
            Thanks for sharing your "finish" with us!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

This really looks good! The colors and pattern are very nice.
              Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Your table runner came out very good. I really like it as well as the colors.
                Susan

Comment

Lynne, great job on your first runner! You did a great job, and yes, you do get less fearful of FMQ as you do it more and more.... a little...
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I agree with you Lynne about the fear. I still haven't tried the FMQ (Heck, it hasn't been very long that I learned what the abbreviation meant!) Your table runner came out very nice and the quilting looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X