3D Pinwheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Pinwheel

So I decided to try this and it was a lot of fun. Now that I look at the picture I am thinking I need to add another border. Make it bigger. Also has anyone made one of these. I feel like I need to tack down each blade at the right of the fold. It lays nice but it just seems like that should be tacked down.
    Attached Files
    Patrice

Re: 3D Pinwheel

That really looks lovely. Another border would make it pop. Is it bulky in the middle with all the extra fabric?

Comment

It's not to bad. I think since it can't be quilted I will sew buttons in the center of each one to hold them down
      Patrice

Comment

OH that is pretty, love it.
        Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
        THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
        :lol:

Comment

LOVELY!
          It Looks Good From Here

Buttons! Did You Say Buttons
          Well Then!
          I just came accross this New Kool Gadget(can't wait to get it).
          It's called the "i-TOP" Brad Maker.

Check it Out... It's for both Paper and FABRIC Brad making

Thanx for Sharing Patrice

Last edited by oldgurl4; July 3, 2011, 01:21 PM.
          :icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Patrice, I love your 3d pinwheels and agree that another border would be nice. Wonderful job!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by Patrice View Post
              It's not to bad. I think since it can't be quilted I will sew buttons in the center of each one to hold them down
              I put a contrasting yo-yo in the one I made. I had thought about buttons but decided to try out the yo-yo maker that i had never used.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I like bakermon's idea of the yo-yo, and like the idea of a second border, too! LOVE the look though.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

very nice 3D pinwheel, your button idea as well as another added border is great.
                  sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Originally posted by oldgurl4 View Post
                    LOVELY!
                    It Looks Good From Here

Buttons! Did You Say Buttons
                    Well Then!
                    I just came accross this New Kool Gadget(can't wait to get it).
                    It's called the "i-TOP" Brad Maker.

Check it Out... It's for both Paper and FABRIC Brad making

Thanx for Sharing Patrice

Somewhere I saw a tutorial for using this tool to make a pacifier leash. Thought I bookmarked it but no, can't find it.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Okay, I'm new to this quilting. I wonder how you put another border on after you have trimmed the batting and backing? This would have helped when I made a panel piece and cut it out before realizing it needed additional borders to make it more balanced.

Comment

I would lay the new border on the top of the quilt(right sides tog.), raw edges matching. then pin the back border and the batting piece on the back, matching edges. sew and press the new borders away from quilt. your dand wich would look like this:

new border
                        quilt
                        backing strip
                        batting

If you've ever done one of the 6 hour quilts using kaye woods it would be the same idea.

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by jfleckal View Post
                          Okay, I'm new to this quilting. I wonder how you put another border on after you have trimmed the batting and backing? This would have helped when I made a panel piece and cut it out before realizing it needed additional borders to make it more balanced.
                          I haven't done the batting and backing yet.
                          Patrice

Comment

So I decided to try this and it was a lot of fun. Now that I look at the picture I am thinking I need to add another border. Make it bigger. Also has anyone made one of these. I feel like I need to tack down each blade at the right of the fold. It lays nice but it just seems like that should be tacked down.

I have thought of trying this out and I think I just found my inspiration. Thank you Patrice! It is wonderful!
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Love your quilt and the button idea. I also think an additional border would be great! Very nice work....Barb
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X