Just couldn't resist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just couldn't resist

Hi all. I watched a episode of Elinor Burns this morning and she made these cute little pumpkins to set on your table in the fall. And of course I had try it.So this is what I came up with. You take a 7"x17" piece of fabric sew the ends together,take a wide running stitch to close the bottom, add stuffing,use the wide running stitch to close the top,use whatever you have to make the stripes up and down and a stick for the stem,pipe cleaners(I used a bread tie cause I couldn't find a pipe cleaner) and leaves all glued in place. Its pretty easy and cute too.You can make bigger or smaller ones.this is about the size of a grapefruit.I might make a few more just for fun.Oh yea my maple tree out back is missing a limb this morning.Hmm wonder what happened to it? Ha ha Enjoy your day
    Attached Files

Re: Just couldn't resist

Wow!! This looks so great! I don't know Elinor Burns, but it looks like I'm missing something here!

Comment

Are you taking orders yet?
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Those are adorable! They would make cute pincushions too.

I love watching Ellen Burns - she is a hoot! My favorite thing is that she just thows the scraps behind her on the floor
        Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Rhonda---really???just whippped it up????? Wow, now I feel very unproductive. Those are adorable! You will be well prepared by fall and your patch will be grown in the ac!

Comment

Wow! That is so cute.
            Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
              Rhonda---really???just whippped it up????? Wow, now I feel very unproductive.
              I was thinking the very same thing. You are so good at whipping projects out. These are great! This newbie has got to go look up what a running stitch is an figure out how to do it becaues I've just got to make some of these!!! Thanks!
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Too cute! I see a patch of these in my future. Thanks for sharing....Barb
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Cuteness!! I have an antique trough-like wooden bowl and a bunch of these in different sizes would be so cute for the fall. Thanks for the idea.
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Rhonda, you are so creative..... those are just so pretty ......and sure do make me wish for fall because it's supposed to be 104 degrees here by Monday. ....
                    Have a great day and thanks for sharing, hon
                    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Hi Rhonda, what do you eat before you go to bed????? Or maybe drink something special?????????
                      Share that secret too please. Those pumpkins are really cute. Thanks for sharing.
                      sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Lets all j8ust face it ladies, Rhonda is truely addicted and we're all only in the novice and learning stages!!!!! How cute those are Rhonda, I record Elenore's shows here and watch when no one is looking!!! lol, I just love to see her throw those scraps over her shoulder. My son saw her once when he was at home, several years ago and he just laughed at her but I still like to watch . shhhh, don't tell anyone . Nice crop ya got started!!!!

Comment

whipping things up at 5 in the morning? im pretty much brain dead at 5 am : ) love the pumpkins tho.. im gonna have to make some of those. thanks for sharing

Comment

Ha Ha everybody 5 A.m. is my usual "me time". I wouldn't be able to come up with all of this if it weren't for "me time".What do I eat or drink before I go to bed??? Hmmm let me think about that..... Nothing unusual I recon. But I will tell you I am a chronic insomniac I have no trouble getting to sleep but once I am awake I pop up whether it has been 2 hours or 10(like that has ever happened).Can't shut my brain down.Plus I am off work til August so I am getting fidgety.This little burst of creativeness will soon pass I think.I got up this morning and started on the floors (in between the sewing hee hee) I have more fabric on the way so maybe another 10 minute block quilt will ease me a bit. we will see.I suppose I am off the tote kick for a while (I think). I just have so many things going on inside my head it makes me nuts.My DD says " you are going wild woman!" Every time she leaves and comes back in there is something else sitting on the kitchen table.Ha Ha I love it though. Thanks for all your encouraging comments. That's what keeps me going!!! Hugs
                            Rhonda

Comment

Oh my goodness! Those are absolutely cute. When I get up...it's straight to the coffee pot! That's about all I can whip up at 5 a.m.
                              Susan

Comment

Working...
                              X