My first tablerunner/placemat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first tablerunner/placemat???

Hey all my quilting buddies. I made a, what I thought would be a table runner but isn't quit long enough but is to big for a place mat. I had a brain storm about 2 a.m. this morning. I thought it would be a neat shape to use the shelf out of my curio cabinet as a template placed on the fold of course. It is a good shape but I was at odds as to how to make it longer. I guess I should have cut it into and put a piece in the middle making it longer. Anybody have any ideas on how I could do this? Anyway it is pretty for Christmas.Hugs
    Attached Files

Re: My first tablerunner/placemat???

It's pretty, Rhonda! How about finding some Christmas colored candles in different heights, maybe decorate them with some holly like you have on the the mat. It looks like it might be a good size for a candle mat.

Comment

Originally posted by meemeecyn View Post
      It's pretty, Rhonda! How about finding some Christmas colored candles in different heights, maybe decorate them with some holly like you have on the the mat. It looks like it might be a good size for a candle mat.
      YEA!!! I never thought about that. Thanks

Comment

Very pretty. Love the fabric.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Love this! I wouldn't do a thing to it. You can use it as a centerpiece for your table, under a lamp. Much too pretty and I'd use it on my table with some decorative placemats.
          Susan

Comment

Very pretty! It will really dress up your table for the holidays.
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Looks like it would be a great trivet to set you turkey platter on for the holidays. Love it!! Love those 2 a.m. brainstorms, too.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Perhaps it will fit a coffee table or end table or entry table......just rethink where it might fit and make a longer one for the bigger table. Easier than cutting into it and remaking it. I make mats this size, bigger than a placemat, but not a runner and you would be surprised how many people like this size......kinda in between.

Comment

I definately wouldn't cut it up. I would use it as a placemat. On a placemat this size at least you can put all the glasses, plate and cutlery on it and still see those hollys on the side. I'd just would make some more for Xmas. Really nice form and a nice fabric too
                  sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I have done simialr stuff and next time you want to do one just add about 5 inches at the fold side. Its a straight shot in the middle so you can go as big as you want to that way. I made some dresser scarves and then just enlarged them that way for table runners. it worked well I'm sure you can do it girl, you do it all!!!!! I think with you it won't be not being able , are you just mad cause we onlly get 24 hours in a day for your "brain storms" ? I would be if I ever had a brain storm!!!! You do such wonderful things, I bet you are great to be around most of the time anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                    X