X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finished dinosaur quilt

I finished this little quilt over the weekend
    Attached Files
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Re: finished dinosaur quilt

So cute. Love the brown. Nice job. Is it for someone special?
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

how cute !! love the bright colors surrounded by the brown....and tumblers are such fun !! looks great.
      Pam

visit my blog for cards and quilting pictures
      http://www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com

Comment

Cute quilt. Very boyish looking. What is the fabric on the back? ....a MInky? looks textured. Nice addition for little fingers to explore.

Comment

That's so cute! How did you quilt it? Nice job, thanks for sharing!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Thanks for your nice comments! I used scraps -I love the tumbler template for that. i tried to fmq by meandering. i'm fairly new to fmq so I aim for simple. The fabric on the back is Joanns version of minky, I think it's called "cuddle". It's not for anyone special, although I think two of my DD's have their eye on it.
            My goal was to give each of my kids(I have 5) a baby quilt as they start their families. I've achieved that goal(not all are married yet but quilts are put away for them). In a perfect world each one of my GKs will have a quilt made by me, but if they all follow my example and have a large family-well that's a lot of kids!!
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

This came out great. Good resourceful way of using your scraps. I love that tumbler pattern too.
              Susan

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for idea about using the tumbler for scraps. I bought one when it was DD and think I may try that out! You've inspired me! Isn't it nice to sew for our grandchildren?

Comment

Very cute. Is that minkee on the back?
                  Quilting through the dull times
                  northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                  X