Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kitty quilt

this little throw almost killed me

first i forgot to put the backing on started quilting with only the batting....yikes. anyone ever do that?

then after taking out two rows of top stitching and putting the backing in place, i was having an awful time with my walking foot....kept pulling on the fabric....had to take out more top stitching there

finally decided to only quilt in the ditch and two other lines to make a channel quilt out of it....

took 30 min to assemble top and then hours to finish it ! you can tell i am a newbie

what an adventure.....but it turned out ok in the end, just not what i had intended !!
    Attached Files
    Pam

visit my blog for cards and quilting pictures
    http://www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com

Re: kitty quilt

great job though. Next time it will be easier....i am betting you wont forget the backing again eh?
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Each quilt I do is a lesson! Your quilt turned out cute in the end so it's a success! Now you can start the next lesson!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Even with the problems it turned out very nice.

Comment

That's cute!
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

great job. have been quilting for years and always learn something new with each one
            Patrice

Comment

Turned out really cute. Love the browns. I'm a newbie too and learning with each project. I'm glad there are no quilt police!
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

As the saying goes..."don't ya' hate when that happens".....but good for you,, i always feel that pushing thru something like that makes you an even better "artisan".....super job..
                "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Came out cute despite your problems. Is that the Max and Wiskers collection? Love it!! Don't worry we have all had days like this. After all we learn from our mistakes.
                  Susan

Comment

Hi Pam
                    Love this fabric. You sound like the rest of us. We get soooo excited with our progress that we forget where we are, hehehe.
                    You did a great job,
                    Blondie
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Very nice! Seems like we all have days like that Turned out great!
                      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Bet you're so glad it's finished! It came out cute, despite the boo boos.
                        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Nice kitty quilt! Every project is a learning opportunity, right? great job, Pam.

Comment

I have been quilting a long time and I find that every quilt teaches me something....sometimes the same thing more than once. It all gets easier the more you do. I think your quilt is cute....Barb
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Yay for hanging in there and finishing! Very nice; I love the fabrics you chose!
                              mitmickey

Comment

Working...
                              X