20x20 baby quilt complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20x20 baby quilt complete

I've been playing with 3 fabric quilts. I should have had the long polka dot cranberry red strips be the pink dotted but since I was using up fat quarters and didn't have enough pink I got creative. I'm happy with this little quilt. It's a pattern by Leni Weiner called 20x20 - there are four 20x20 blocks making up the quilt.

I love the parachuting mice flannelette I found at my local fabric shop today. It's a good close match, but not perfect. I love the surprise it gives the soft, feminine little girl quilt. Since the red wasn't perfect I decided to pull out more of the blue in the flowered and green stripe fabrics on the quilt top with a blue and white polka dot binding.

I think I will call this one Leap of Faith

My stippling is definitely less than perfect but I think the softness was needed and it echoes the clouds on the backing fabric. I also did my binding entirely by machine. It is ok, but I think I still like hand stitching to the back best.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Terri
    Last edited by sewlucky; June 28, 2014, 11:36 PM.

Re: 20x20 baby quilt complete

This is such a darling quilt. I love love the mice on the back - too cute. Your stippling looks fantastic. I am off to find that pattern. It looks like one I need to add to my Bucket Book. Can I just say all these projects are going to keep me busy well into eternity - I am taking it all with me.

Comment

Thanks FabStripper! There are definitely too many quilts and not enough time! Do you have have the 3-Fabric quilt book I've been playing with?

Terri

Comment

It's adorable. She will love it.

Comment

Those mice are way too cute! Very cute quilt!

Comment

Oh It's lovely and your stripling looks great!

Comment

Very nice fabric combo's that you came up with and such a nice soft backing. 20 x 20 is a good size for a baby and as they grow bigger and older they are the perfect size to use in their car seats.

Comment

That's a such a sweet little girl quilt. I love everything about it....darling.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It is a lovely quilt. I like the softness of the colors and the pattern designs. The mice are so cute! And your stippling looks good.
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Cute quilt.

Comment

It's great, front & back!

Comment

Cute quilt, love the mice on the back. Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by sewlucky View Post
                          Thanks FabStripper! There are definitely too many quilts and not enough time! Do you have have the 3-Fabric quilt book I've been playing with?

Terri
                          I don't have it. What is the name of that book? Sounds like my speed.

Comment

I thought you had it because to mentioned that the T quilt I made was the first quilt you made. It's in this book too.

Leni Wiener | Books

It's the 3-fabric quilts: Quick Techniques for Simple Projects

Terri

Originally posted by FabStripper View Post
                            I don't have it. What is the name of that book? Sounds like my speed.

Comment

That is such a cute quilt. I really like the darker polka dots, it brings out all the colors in the quilt now. Love the mice on the back, and your stippling looks great.

Comment

Working...
                              X