Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A special day with Nana

DGD #2 Pillowcase A.jpg

Today was DGD #2's Special Nana Day. First on the list of Things to Do was for her to prepare breakfast. She's excited to learn to cook and made, from scratch and all on her own, the most beautiful chocolate chip muffins. Wonderful. I won't go into all the other things we crammed into the day, but right before a 'Night Out on the Town" we made it back to the sewing room where I taught her to use the serger and she constructed this 'tube pillowcase' with three rows of stitching. I'm sure you all know how to fold it up and sew the border on in one fell swoop - but it was totally mind-boggling and amazing to her. Her fabric choice because, as she stated, "It shows my individuality." She's an amazing young lady, growing up much to fast. I can't keep up with her.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Re: A special day with Nana

Wow - I was salivating over the description of those muffins - I think I gained a few lbs just reading that! Her case is awesome - I am duly impressed that she used the serger since I have yet to figure out how to use mine!

Comment

Beautiful DGD and very pretty pillow case. Again....I wanna be your GD!!!! She is one lucky little girl Sandy.She will always have special memories of you and her together.When my MIL past away my DD then 10 told me she has a hole in her heart from her nanny. This always makes me tear up.Cherish ever moment with your grandchildren. You are one special lady.

Comment

Special day for two special people!! Treasure the moments!

Comment

very nice pillowcase; I think she may be related to my DGD as those would be colors she would choose! LOL

Comment

wonderful, brought back many lovely memories of the saturdays I spent with my own grandmother.........I still remember sitting on the floor at her feet pushing the treadle on her "new" machine for her. lol. thanks for thoes memories!!!!

Comment

Sandy I just love it. I can't wait till my granddaughter is old enough to teach sewing. I hope she takes an interest
              Patrice

Comment

What a fun day for both of you. My GD's are too young right now, but I can't wait.
                Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

What a truly great day you had! I am sure your granddaughter will cherish those memories. Her pillowcase came out great and love her selection of fabrics. Great job.
                  Susan

Comment

What a beautiful day you had...Unfortunately my GDs is three hundred miles away and visits are few but when they do come to visit it is such a special time. One is almost ready for sewing. Going to try the heat n bond applique when she come this summer....mmmmm chocolate chip muffins sound so good. Can you tell it's lunch time!!
                    Alana
                    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Sandy, what a special day indeed. Thanks so much for sharing.
                      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Awww, Sandy that is awesome that you had such a wonderful day with your GD...do you think 6 months and 13 months is old enough to teach to sew...? Yeah, I didn't think so either! Guess I will have to wait a few years! In the meantime, just keep telling us about your visits with your grandchildren! And, tell her she did a great job on that pillowcase!
                        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful day! She will always remember this time spent together and she will have a great keepsake in that pillowcase.
                          Patti
                          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                          X