3 baby quilts in 6-7 weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 baby quilts in 6-7 weeks!

Well, at the end of April I learned that 3 of hubby's co-workers were expecting babies or had them already....I couldn't believe he hadn't told me.
    So, with all of life's transitions going on around our house...I cranked out 3 baby quilts in about 7 weeks, all hand quilted. The new parents have been very grateful and at least it was something creative to quilt since my bigger projects have been put on hold until the move to Arkansas is completed....

Reynolds Baby quilt 2.jpg Reynolds baby quilt
    thompson baby 1.jpg Thompson Baby quilt
    IMAG0490.jpg Baker baby quilt

I am getting quilt used to making baby quilts and it's becoming my favorite projects right now....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Re: 3 baby quilts in 6-7 weeks!

congratulations on being able to accomplish so much in such a short time. It's nice to hear that you still hand quilt.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Cute! I'm enjoying making baby quilts, too, lately. : )
      :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

All three are too cute! Great job.
        sigpicAnita G.

Comment

So thoughtful of you, they are all super cute, the 2nd one is my favorite.
          Lucky babies!

Comment

Great quilts. I am like you...... baby quilts are what I like to make...they work up quickly. I machine quilt them.

Comment

Very nicely done! Lucky co-workers. Add my name to the list of those who enjoy making baby quilts.
              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Wow! Love these! You have been most productive there, girlfriend!

Originally posted by shermur View Post
                Well, at the end of April I learned that 3 of hubby's co-workers were expecting babies or had them already....I couldn't believe he hadn't told me.
                So, with all of life's transitions going on around our house...I cranked out 3 baby quilts in about 7 weeks, all hand quilted. The new parents have been very grateful and at least it was something creative to quilt since my bigger projects have been put on hold until the move to Arkansas is completed....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80107[/ATTACH] Reynolds baby quilt
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]80108[/ATTACH] Thompson Baby quilt
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]80109[/ATTACH] Baker baby quilt

I am getting quilt used to making baby quilts and it's becoming my favorite projects right now....
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Well done. I'm so impressed you got all these done, and hand quilted, in three weeks.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Wow, you can really work fast! They are all beautiful. That is very sweet of you.

Comment

Love the one with the Family Crest. See, you can be productive even if your machine is packed up.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thanks, everyone! And Sandy Navas....the machine isn't packed up yet! It will be going with me in my car and personally delivered to the new house! HA HA!
                        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Oh those are just beautiful! Baby quilts are so fun aren't they?!
                          Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

They look wonderful! I also want to make the zipper quilt. Thanks for sharing.
                            Melissa Greenfield :icon_wave: Crafty Quilty Mimi

Comment

I really like them all, soooooo pretty
                              Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Working...
                              X