Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished

Finished another quilt that my mother did the embroidery work on, probably 20 to 30 years ago. At the time she was doing this I was not interested in sewing at all. Have 4 more to go that she did embroidery work on. Sue100_2158.jpg100_2142.jpg100_2159.jpg

Re: Finished

Awesome. I have some that I inherited already embroidered, too. I could send them to you, when you finish all of yours. LOL. In my some day pile. Surely someday I will retire and have more time!

Comment

Sue, your quilting really sets off your Mother's embroidery wonderfully ~ great job! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing.
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

This is awesome! I love it. You are so lucky to have these treasures from your mom and the skills to finish them off.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Love it Sue! You did a great job finishing the quilt.
          LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Oh this is a wonderful way to carry on her vision!

Comment

Love your projects, Sue. How are you having them quilted - or are you machine quilting or doing by hand?
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

How pretty! What a keepsake this is. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I quilted on my sewing machine.

Comment

Wow! That is beautiful! You are so lucky to have some of your mom's work to keep! Thanks for sharing!
                    Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

This is gorgeous and the work in it is special and unique.
                      What a wonderful project for you to share!
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

This is so beautiful and youve given me an idea l've got alot of doillies... done by my motheirnlaw and my grandmother I was thinking l could do sometihng like this with them
                        "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                        :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

What a neat quilt--I would love to see the detail in person. Thanks for sharing.
                          Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

This is absolutely beautiful. And so sentimental! I inherited squares of the state flowers from my Grandmother in 1960. She had sent them to friends across the country to embroider...some returned, some not. So last year when I started quilting I made up the two missing ones (at the time she did it there were only 48 states) and put them together with vintage looking sashing and border. It is at the LAQ now....can't wait to see it. Hope I can do the picture thing by then!

Comment

WOW thats awesome........do you know what patterns she used???
                              I have the states like that too...aunt marthas hot iron transfers........with the birds and flowers. im sure i will never live long enough to do it. you should see the UFOS\'s around here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X