Kitchen wall hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen wall hanging

I am headed over to my sisters tonight for supper and I thought I would make her a wall hanging to hang in her kitchen. Their house burned to the ground a couple of years ago and they are now in a brand new home. I had this panel and could not get it to not be wonky. Although it looks alot better than it did it is still wonky! Do you think I should give it to her or just scrap it??? I thought I would throw it in the washer and see if I cant get it to straighten after it is wet. Any suggestions??? You won't hurt my feelings trust me. What should I do??? She doesn't know about it so nothing lost nothing gained.
    Attached Files

Re: Kitchen wall hanging

Cute wall hanging, Rhonda! I would still give it to her, maybe try to do some convincing with your iron . Your sister is sure to love it, in my opinion.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Try stretching it on the bias. Sometimes that will straighten it out some. It's cute, too cute to throw away.
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

What a pretty panel! Can't help with the wonkyness though.
        Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
        Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
        Pinterest

Comment

Hope you can cure the wonkiness, try washing it and stretching or the steam idea. Too cute to not give it a try. I am sure she would love a cute new addition to her new home.

Comment

I washed it and worked with it while it was wet. I had it looking pretty good even after it dried. I went ahead and gave it to her and she loved it.I am glad I did.

Comment

Rhonda, love this panel. It is ever so lovely. Glad that you were able to get it to straighten out. Sometimes it just needs a little reminder to behave, and you had the right touch!
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

It looks really pretty, Rhonda. I had no doubt you could fix it and that she would love it!
                Cynthia

Comment

Working...
                X