• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's share....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	1583497this is what I'm working on now. 9 blocks sewn, 11 more laid out. It's for my grandson and he wanted orange. I'm thinking of using black sashing so I won't have to do any more matching and I have the orange and white giraffe print for a border and dark green maybe for binding.
    Vernona

Comment

Here is the raw edge appliqué wall hanging I'm working on. All the fabrics are hand painted. I can't decide whether it's done or not!

Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1583498
      ---Susan---

"When life gives you scraps - make a quilt!"

Comment

Dang it! Sideways! I don't know why that happens, it looks right on my ipad but uploads sideways.

Views:	2
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1583499
        ---Susan---

"When life gives you scraps - make a quilt!"

Comment

Such beautiful quilts, everyone!

Comment

Everyone's quilts and projects are beautiful!!!!

I finally just finished my Josephine quilt (1st picture) last weekend and now I'm ready to finish my Paris Flea Market quilt (2nd picture).

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	1583500 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	1583501
            sigpicMISA
            I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

This is the Crossroads pattern from the book Colorful Quilts for Fabric Lovers. I have 150 green batik blocks pieced (I made 6 extra) and I am laying them out on my design wall. I am happy to share that this is a very simple, forgiving, and fun pattern. Which I desperately need as I am having an extra crappy week.

Name:	crossroadsC.JPG
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1583502
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I won't post pics till at least the top is done. I had 3 hrs. of uninterrupted sewing this afternoon. Got all the pieces sewn together then the rows sewed together. It's waiting for a border, which I'll have to piece from FQ lengths. I needed to make something quick & easy for a baby shower coming up, so am using one of the Linus Project patterns. The main colors are pink & gray. I wasn't sure I'd like that combo, but it's coming together nicely. JCY

Comment

Sew perfect... those are stunning to me! Love all the posts,, but these two just shouted to me!!!
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Everyones work is gorgeous. We should have more threads like this. I have nothing at a stage to show bit should soon. Keep on sharing, its a great motivator
                    Karen
                    Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

This is one of the many I'm currently working on. I'm sewing the rows together. Click image for larger version

Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1583507

Its the Links Bargello. I've completed all 47 rows now. Photo is missing the last 10 rows.
                      "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
                      Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
                      Patriotic Christmas Stocking

Comment

Originally posted by Jess1377 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]79621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]79622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]79623[/ATTACH] I am making two monkey baby quilts. The pattern is called Cheaper by the Dozen and I have to add a border to them next. This was so incredibly fast to put together! I also just needed another new lanyard for work. I am glad I can make a new one really quick and easy!
                        I have this pattern--glad to hear it goes together well.

Everyone's work is so lovely!
                        Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Let's see. I have a D9P top that needs borders made from Snips and Snails. Then I have another super scrappy D9P top I am working on from more of the scraps Megan sent me. That one needs the rows sewn together, then bordered (these 2 I did at DD's house over the weekend) I took my machine and a little bit of stuff to work on there so the kids could be hat home. Today I cut out, and got the cuffs sewn on 15 pillow cases. I will get them finished up tomorrow, and maybe do another 5 so I have an even 20. After the pillow cases are done, I will finish up the 2 quilts. Oh and I finally got my batting so I need to finish up the falling hearts quilt. That and working on the spare room, trying to clean it up and out.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

@Leah
                            what is the fabric called in your green quilt? it's very pretty.
                            Joan

Comment

Slokarma, How did you make the baby quilt?? I really like the effect. Are some of the strips narrower than 2 1/2"? Looks like you are a busy gal!

Comment

I'm about a third of the way through assembling my latest top. It's done with a 60 degree triangle ruler, and it will probably be my last "pie" quilt. All those points! All those matching seams! Four strips are sewn together. The fifth and sixth ones need to be joined to the others and then I'll start on piecing the little bits to make the next strips. I'm learning a lot. Angles. Points. Matching. UGH!

No borders. It will be backed in the black and bound in a hot pink blender.

But then again...I have enough of the black to do a border. What do you think?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X