Just a little peek!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a little peek!!!!

I thought I would give yall a little peek of the flannel quilt I am working on in hopes I don't get tired of working on it and it become a UFO. I plan on using the brown as sashing around the blocks too and a dark green to back it with. It is gonna be huge!! I got it all cut out and pinned together today.Just gotta keep going on it or I will get bored.That's where you guys come in. Every since I joined MSQC forum I have very few UFO's and I like it.You guys are such great inspiration I just had to give you "Just a little peek"!!!
    Attached Files

Re: Just a little peek!!!!

Very nice Rhonda....I really am anxious to see the finished product, so I'll keep on to you to get it finished!!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

I just love those 10 min. blocks - simple yet elegant. Love your fabrics. What size squares are you using?
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Rhonda. I LOVE flannel quilts but have never made one. Are you keeping this? The fabric in the 'stripped' pieces is my favorite.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I like the colors you're using. i like flannel for a quilt-it just seems so cozy!
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I could use a flannel quilt right now--I'm sitting right in front of the AC vent. Love the colors.
            Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Thank you for the peek, Rhonda. You, my dear lady, are an inspiration to the rest of us!!!! Keep up that great work.
              Cynthia

Comment

Love the flannel! Your colors are great too. Don't you think Flannel quilts are the best? I always seem to make them for everyone else. One of these days it will be for myself.
                Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                  I just love those 10 min. blocks - simple yet elegant. Love your fabrics. What size squares are you using?
                  I am using 8" finished blocks which makes the whole block 16". I plan on making it 5 blocks across and 6 blocks down.I am sure it will be plenty big.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                    Thanks for sharing, Rhonda. I LOVE flannel quilts but have never made one. Are you keeping this? The fabric in the 'stripped' pieces is my favorite.
                    I have never made anything with flannel either. Yes this one is for "Me". I am certain this one will keep us warm this winter.It was 94 degrees today and my DH walked in my sewing room and said" Why are you making a flannel quilt when it is so hot outside?"I told him I was gonna finish it tonight turn the air on 40 and see if it keeps us warm.Ha ha He turned around and walked out shaking his head.. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Susan M View Post
                      Love the flannel! Your colors are great too. Don't you think Flannel quilts are the best? I always seem to make them for everyone else. One of these days it will be for myself.
                      Never made one Susan. This is my first. I can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Good answer to your DH! He will be happy when it does get cold and the quilt will be all ready to throw over himself.
                        Love the 10 minute block and need to get back to mine. Except my squares are 5" -- WHAT was I thinking!!!!!

Like the colors you choose and can't wait to see the finished quilt!
                        Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Looking good so far! nKeep up the good work and you will have it finished in no time! I haven't tried Flannel fabric yet, it is on my to do list!
                          Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

thanks for sharing rhonda - love flannel but not so much the challenge it presents in working with it! LOL your blocks are great!
                            Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                            hugs, Suzi
                            http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                            it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

oh love it
                              Patrice

Comment

Working...
                              X