My Latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Latest

Hello everyone! I wanted to share with you my latest quilt. I don't move quickly: this one I started early February and just finished it over the weekend. It's a 1930s reproduction quilt called Beginners Luck. This one is going on a guest bed in our house. Quilting it was a pain. I couldn't get any markings to show up on the print fabrics (a common problem with 1930s reproduction fabrics) so I used the quilting paper by Golden Threads to trace the motifs and sew over. There were 120 motifs to quilt (60 in the square areas and 60 in the round areas)!!! That was a lot of paper to rip off afterwards. The backing was made from all my leftover fabrics plus some additional yardage. Putting the back together was fun. Anyway, I am very happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Re: My Latest

Outstanding! I LOVE it! One of my favorite quilts I have
    seen!

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it! Those colors are so cheerful and the design is new to me and it is so cool! The quilting looks amazing.!!
      ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
      -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being slow when the results are the likes of that quilt! It is outstanding.

Comment

that is so beautiful!!!
          Drinking rum before 10am makes me a pirate, NOT an alcoholic!!:icon_bump::icon_bump:

Comment

Gorgeous! I just love your fabrics, colors, and the pattern. The backing of scraps is a great idea and you've done a very creative piecing. Love, love, love it!

Did you find the Golden Threads paper easy to work with? I've been wanting to try it out but worried that my needle would get sticking and maybe the paper would be hard to remove. Any tips?

Comment

An absolutely lovely quilt. You must be so proud - justifiably so. And the quilting to me looks well worth the effort.

Comment

Martha this is an incredible quilt! It's almost like two quilts in one with that awesome pieced back and your quilting is awesome! Well worth every minute invested, this is a beauty!

Terri

Comment

Your quilt is GORGEOUS! It's an instant heirloom. You did a great job with the quilting also!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                      Gorgeous! I just love your fabrics, colors, and the pattern. The backing of scraps is a great idea and you've done a very creative piecing. Love, love, love it!

Did you find the Golden Threads paper easy to work with? I've been wanting to try it out but worried that my needle would get sticking and maybe the paper would be hard to remove. Any tips?
                      The Golden Threads paper is fantastic to work with! It tears pretty easily and is strong enough to withstand some rough handling. It was just a pain to have to tear off so much paper.
                      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

That is beautiful. It was worth the time you took to finish it.
                        Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

It is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are lovely and the quilting is great. No problem with taking your time to get it finished - it is the process, you know.

Also, thank you for your recommendation of Golden Threads quilting paper. I was wondering about using it on a whole cloth that I am planning. Did you cover the quilt top with the paper, or did you just do a block at a time?
                          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

It looks fantastic! I love it - front and back!

Comment

Great to see you here, Martha. I am in love with your quilt - maybe that's what I need to do with the vintage prints I picked up earlier this year. Your picture could have been taken on my deck - the similarities are bountiful, even down to your personal inspector. I have one that looks just like this.

Great work - never hurry beauty, right?
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X