X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brook
    replied
    Re: My Latest

Beautiful! I've never seen that pattern before but I love it!

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

what a beautiful quilt! I love the pattern and the fabrics you used. did you make the pattern or is it a bought one?

Leave a comment:

• Kelly F
    replied

Wow! Looks like a lot of work. It is gorgeous

Leave a comment:

• sew-what
    replied

Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
    It's GORGEOUS!

I searched for the pattern by name, but of course "beginners luck" is used a lot when just referring to the quilting process and I didn't find anything that looked like this.

Do you have a link to the pattern you can share?

Thanks.
    Here is a link...think it's the same pattern.

Martingale - Beginner's Luck Quilt ePattern

Leave a comment:

• Alicoons
    replied

That's beautiful!! So lovely! Thank you for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• New York Sue
    replied

Holy, holy smokes. I almost missed this one!
    GLORIUSLY stunning!

Leave a comment:

• Terry L
    replied

That is beautiful!!!

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

That is beautiful! I see the Inspector is looking things over.

Leave a comment:

• sassygranny
    replied

Absolutely beautiful! You must be so proud. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Leave a comment:

• quilter.martha
    replied

Originally posted by Sewbee View Post
    I have never used Golden Threads but would be interested to know how it compares to standard kitchen parchment paper? I found parchment paper easy to use and cut in whatever lengths I need, marking and sewing through it is no problem but I use caution when tearing away from stitches and still need tweezers for the small remnant pieces. I may have to try Golden Threads to see if it makes the process a lot easier!
    Sue, Golden Threads is like a light weight velum or a heavy tissue paper. You can see through it to line-up your motif and it rips really easily. It's the remaining little pieces that are the pain. I took care of that by washing the quilt when it was finished.

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

I absolutely love everything about this quilt! Beautifully done, can you share where you got that pattern?

Leave a comment:

• Joan@DebtofGratitude
    replied

Oh my goodness. That is a showstopper! Your back would have been a front for me. I admire your patience and your talent!

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Ditto what everyone said - just gorgeous. I really love the use of the leftover fabric for the backing. I am going to start doing this going forward because I do not like to have too much left over fabric. I am not too big on the scrap saving.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• sew-what
    replied

Beautiful quilt!

Leave a comment:

• quilter.martha
    replied

Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
    It's GORGEOUS!

I searched for the pattern by name, but of course "beginners luck" is used a lot when just referring to the quilting process and I didn't find anything that looked like this.

Do you have a link to the pattern you can share?

Thanks.
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. My "fabric choices" was a collection of 1930s fabrics that I've been collecting over the past few years (FQs and half yard cuts). What's great about these fabrics is that they all go together well!

The pattern itself came from a Nancy Mahoney book called Treasures From the 30s. The quilt is actually on the cover. It's a lap quilt in the book but I enlarged it to be a twin. Oh, and I did a different border than the book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X