My Latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Latest

Oh my stars this is such a beautiful quilt. Can we find the pattern somewhere or did you make this one up? I think you did an amazing job with the fabrics, the pattern, the quilting, everything. And you started this in February? In my world that is pretty quick. I never heard of the quilting paper but am going to look in to that so maybe I can finish some of my quilt tops and get them turned into quilts.

Comment

Wow! That is gorgeous!

Comment

That is awesome! you did wonderful work, the time you spent on it really shows.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

That quilt is truly "The Belle of the Ball". Pfft the time issue, the only deadline is when it is finished and looks this beautiful. Mission accomplished sweetie.
          Sandy B.
          "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

What a lovely quilt!!!
            ***Kathy***

Comment

That is really something! How perfectly summery.
              ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Martha your quilt is a work of art! From design to fabric choice, construction and quilting technique your close attention to detail is so very evident! Time so well spent and an accomplishment you should be very proud of! Certainly, this will become a family heirloom to be enjoyed by many generations! Wonderful job!
                Linda
                -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Seabee took the words right out of my mouth. Your quilt is one beautiful piece of art! Love everything about it. I'm sure you feel that the time investment was well worth it. TFS.

Comment

Hi Martha! It has been a long time since I've seen anything you've made. As usual, you produced ANOTHER gorgeous quilt!!!!!
                    sigpicMISA
                    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

First of all, your quilt is FABULOUS!!!!!

I have also used the Golden Threads and while it is easy to rip off, in tight spaces, little bits and pieces remain behind. That is when you pullout the tweezers! It is a great product though.
                      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have never used Golden Threads but would be interested to know how it compares to standard kitchen parchment paper? I found parchment paper easy to use and cut in whatever lengths I need, marking and sewing through it is no problem but I use caution when tearing away from stitches and still need tweezers for the small remnant pieces. I may have to try Golden Threads to see if it makes the process a lot easier!
                        Linda
                        -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful! A job well done! I love the pieced backing. JCY

Comment

It's GORGEOUS!

I searched for the pattern by name, but of course "beginners luck" is used a lot when just referring to the quilting process and I didn't find anything that looked like this.

Do you have a link to the pattern you can share?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
                              It's GORGEOUS!

I searched for the pattern by name, but of course "beginners luck" is used a lot when just referring to the quilting process and I didn't find anything that looked like this.

Do you have a link to the pattern you can share?

Thanks.
                              Thank you everyone for your kind words. My "fabric choices" was a collection of 1930s fabrics that I've been collecting over the past few years (FQs and half yard cuts). What's great about these fabrics is that they all go together well!

The pattern itself came from a Nancy Mahoney book called Treasures From the 30s. The quilt is actually on the cover. It's a lap quilt in the book but I enlarged it to be a twin. Oh, and I did a different border than the book.
                              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Beautiful quilt!

Comment

Working...
                                X