Completed Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed Quilt

I have completed another quilt, and I have to say I am quite smitten with this one (though I may say that about them all) - I used a FABULOUS layer cake called Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille, I can not emphaise enough how much I love this fabric, its gorgeous! I used the square in a square block pattern, added 1 1/2" sashing strips and two borders. The overall size is 69''x78" (pretty good throw size) The backing is a Valori Wells Wrenly Fabric - Rosette - in Cherry, I think I should stock up on this line, this will be my 6th quilt I have made using a print for the backing from this particular line, I THINK I LIKE IT! I also did a scrappy-ish binding, by taking some of the backing fabric and using it to wrap around two corners, then white for the rest of the binding, it was a little tricky getting it to work, but that's just because I need to brush up on my math skills lol! The quilt label was made with some pretty small scraps which was sort of a pain but I like it and will play around with this idea more in future quilts. This is a gift for my sister who is exactly 13 months older then me, so I have 3 sisters down and just 1 left to make a quilt for!

Thank you for looking have a great weekend!
    Attached Files

Re: Completed Quilt

Very pretty. Love those colors. Lucky you, I have 4 brothers!
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I love this pattern! Your quilt is gorgeous

Terri

Comment

Your quilt is wonderful! You are a good sister.

Comment

Lovely quilt and beautiful fabric. I'm sure sis will love it.

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! I love Scrumptious too! Missed the boat when it first came out but I found a few bits and pieces so I want to make something with it soon! And I love, love, love your label!!!! Lucky sis! Great job!

Comment

Very pretty, great job !

Comment

Nice. I love the bright happy colors. The white sashing really makes the colors pop.
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Your quilt is just beautiful! I love that fabric line too! I might have to add that pattern to my list!
                  ~ Connie ~

Comment

Love your quilt. I have a scrumptious layer cake, it's so pretty I've been taking my time deciding what to do with it, your idea may become my idea. Thanks for sharing.
                    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Very Pretty! I love a bright and colorful quilt! I know what you mean....I just love each and every one that I make. I sold my sailboat quilt this week, and I almost did not want to part with it! But it's on to the next one!
                      "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                      :D

Comment

Beautiful quilt... lucky sister... Bravo!

Comment

I love your quilt, the colors are very cheerful
                          Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Your lucky sister! I love it!

Comment

I think it is a quilt to be smitten over. It is really great. I'm usually smitten with my quilts also.

Comment

Working...
                              X