Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fruit & Veggie Quilt & 'Rhonda Tote'

Hi girls,
    When I first saw this fruit and veggie fabric, I couldn't resist, thinking I'll make something with it someday. Well I did, a 60 x 60 quilt - not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.. anyway I used Jenny's latest youtube video on machine binding (I normally hand stitch) and it worked out fine. The picture of the back is because I didn't quite have enough fabric...... so had to improvise.
    The tote I made in a bit of a hurry - I really needed something to keep my templates and rulers in, and needed to tidy up before I start another project. The tote was just the thing -and a good excuse to make one.. thanks Rhonda.
    Cheers
    Wendy
    100_0544.jpg100_0545.jpg100_0550.jpg
    Wendy
    A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
    https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Re: Fruit & Veggie Quilt & 'Rhonda Tote'

nice job and i love how you did the tote. i have so many extra pieces from the end of tube quilting. would love to figure out what to do with them
    Patrice

Comment

Very nice! The quilt reminds me of summer and the tote is my favorite color! Nice job, Wendy!
      Cynthia

Comment

Your quilt is really cute! It looks so summer! Great job on the tote, too. Aren't totes fun? You can do so many things with them.
        When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I really like that quilt! Tote is quite nice too.
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Wonderful job - I love both of them!
            Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Your quilt came out great. I like this pattern. The move photos I see of totes makes me really want to put one together.
              Susan

Comment

Love the quilt! How about using it as a tablecloth or wall hanging in the kitchen??? The tote will come in handy, it looks like it holds a lot. I haven't been brave enough to try sewing a tote but I'm like Susan, the more I see the more brave I become.

Comment

The quilt is really darling and I love the pieced backing. Love the colors of your tote. I wouldn't know how to act if all my rulers and templates were in one place....I may have to do something like this. Barb
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love the Quilt and the tote Wendy!!!! You girls crack me up when I see the "Rhonda tote". Puts a smile on my face every time.No wonder my DH thinks I spend way to much time on here!! Great job. Oh yea You are very welcome!!!

Comment

Is the quilt big enough for a picnic cloth? That would be a cute use. Very colorful.

Comment

Great job, Wendy! Love the pieced backing on your quilt, and your quilting looks GREAT. Aren't the Rhonda Totes fun and easy? Love 'em! Thanks for sharing.
                        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

that quilt is fantastic. how fun!! great job.

Comment

That quilt is so fun! Love it. and the tote is awesome too! Thanks for sharing.
                            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Love the fruit & veg fabric. It looks really great with the design you used. The bag is cool also.
                              Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
                              "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Working...
                              X