Singer Featherweight won at auction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singer Featherweight won at auction.

Woohoo I bid and got one at an auction sale. It was issued in 1948 and is in really excellent condition. I got it for $140. which I think was a pretty good deal. I will try and sew on it tomorrow. Too tired right now.

I know some of you have one of these and I would like to know what you think about them.

Take care,
    Monique
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Singer Featherweight won at auction.

I was thinking about ya today Monique! I'm so glad you got it!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Remember ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You thread the needle from right to left, not left to right . . . . That's a great price - not sure of the conversion rates, but think your dollars are going a whole lot further than what we are spending down here.

I am so very excited for you. I LOVE MINE.
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Congratulations. Enjoy your new machine.

Comment

Congrats on your new baby, Monique!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Congratulations! Enjoy your new baby.
            Susan

Comment

You got a fantastic deal on your Featherweight. I have three in my collection - two of which I use and one I am keeping in pristine condition on display. I absolutely love my machines. I don't know of any other machine that sews such a fine straight stitch. If your machine didn't come with the user's manual, I recommend you buy a copy of Featherweight 221 - The Perfect Portable by Nancy Johnson-Srebro. This wonderful book is loaded with all the information you would want to know about your new machine and also instructions on how to maintain it. Featherweights need frequent lubrication to keep them in tip top running order. I recently needed a new belt for mine and found a wonderful website with parts and everything else for a Featherweight: April1930's.com. Prices are good and shipping is free. Enjoy......Bubby
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I have one and love it as well. It's a 1955 model and runs great. There are several FW sights for accesories...so watch your prices. I met a couple at a quilt show recently who deal with them and have good prices on parts and such. I want to get a clam shape foot controller instead of using the button one that comes with it. I purchased a few feet since I got mine.

here's the website. They are from Pennsylvania.
                www.bettyneff.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments. She runs like a charm. A beautiful machine.

Monique
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good for you Monique
                    I would love to find one - I have a few old machines that I just adore. A few work and a few are just gorgeous.
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I'm still on the hunt for one! You got a great deal enjoy your 221!
                      Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                      Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                      Pinterest

Comment

I just love my featherweight. It was born the same year as my Dad. There is nothing more relaxing to me than the sound of my featherweight running. Plus it is sew handy to take places. Tammie J.

Comment

Working...
                        X