Latest projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest projects

Here are my latest projects. First is a very bright rag quilt for my teaching assistant. Next is a generous lap quilt for myself from perennials (LOVE that fabric!) using Jenny's jelly charm pattern and quilted in the ditch. Then I made a tote using the tutorial Rhonda posted a few weeks ago. It has been so much fun learning and getting better at quilting
    Attached Files
    Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Re: Latest projects

Love the tote...guess I missed Rhonda's tute, I'm really wanting to learn how to make them...can you point me to it?
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Here is what Rhonda posted a week or so ago: "There is a tutorial on youtube. Search "Lets quilt #26 and 27. This lady tells you how to cut it out and put it together with real good instructions. I don't use the fusible interfacing though I use a heavy duty interfacing and attach that to the outside fabric by sewing close to the edge of it before I ever put it together. I add something different to each tote I make. I probably would make a good enough tutorial without confusing everybody but I think this will give yall a good idea as to how I do it. Good luck to you all and anybody that has any questions just Private message me and I will help in any way I can. You will all be hooked like I am once you start making these.The are sew fun and asy you will love it. Hugs to all."

I'm really into hand bags and totes so I'll be looking up these instructions soon!
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Marebear, you use such cool colors! I love the red and yellow! Will check out all the patterns you mentioned. Thanks Martha for finding Rhonda's note. Marebear...thanks go to you, too, for posting your colorful projects!

Comment

Beautiful projects, Marebear. I love all three.

Mary B.

Comment

Beautiful quilts Marebare. I can't pick a favorite I like them both. Great job on the tote too. Very pretty. Don't you just love making them? It is addicting isn't it? We should start a tote swap in the future. There are several of us making them now. we should make 1 tote and everybody get a number for their tote and scramble the numbers and whatever number you get you get that tote. Being careful not to get your own number that is and you are responsible for your own s/h.We may have to rethink the overseas ones though. I think it would be neat not knowing what you are going to get. Oh well just a thought. Hugs
            Rhonda

Comment

Yep yep...me too! Watched the video (thanks for posting)...seems easy enough!
              LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Great job on all three projects, Marebear!! Thanks so much for posting pics!
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Oh Rhonda, I like your idea! Let's see what Suzi thinks, she's our coordinator for swaps. She's done them so she knows all the ins and outs of them. Okay? See ya later, sweet taters! Sam
                  Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Marebear they are all beautiful! I love your perrenial quilt - I made a tablerunner out of the charm pack - such pretty colors and patterns. Your tote is so summery - love the colors in it also!

Comment

Everything is beautiful Marebear. Love it all. Someday I will be good too. Hugs, Jan
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                      X