• bhaggerty
    replied
    Re: Repurposing for a baby!

Great idea!! Love it!!!

Leave a comment:

• KnitWitRosie
    replied

That is awesome!! What a great way to re purpose something that wouldn't have gotten used. I'm sure the baby is going to love it!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Anna, this is wonderful! The baby boy will be fascinated by the motif and tags. Lovely. Go and smell that child, kiss his toes and fingers and rub his head for good luck.

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Well how cool is that!!! I love repurposed items. It just goes to show what great imagination you have. I'm sure the baby will love it. Have fun taking in the lovely scent of a newborn. If only we could bottle it although we'd probably all end up lactating! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• turena65
    replied

Super cute blankie... and nothing beats the smell of a new baby

Leave a comment:

• Nidan_07
    replied

He will love this. What a great idea. Little fingers love taggies.

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied

Baby and his parents will love the gift! Enjoy the new baby cuddles

Leave a comment:

• Wwena
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I'm like Lorie - going over to smell him . . . I'm thinking YOU need a new baby.

Just saying . . .

Babies absolutely love the TAGGIE blankets.
    You HAVE to smell newborns! I'd love another baby... But then I come to my senses!

Taggie was the word I was looking for! They aren't a thing here (yet?), so I'm betting they won't have one.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

I'm like Lorie - going over to smell him . . . I'm thinking YOU need a new baby.

Just saying . . .

Babies absolutely love the TAGGIE blankets. Yours is so special..

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Going over to smell him. You are so cute! Love baby and puppy smells. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Cute idea, Anna! The baby will love it.

Leave a comment:

• yeeehawterri
    replied

Very cute! Sure to catch the baby's eyes as they develop! Caught mine!

Leave a comment:

• Wwena
    started a topic Repurposing for a baby!

Repurposing for a baby!

Ok, so not really quilting but I like to think it's done in the spirit of it all, since it's a repurpose-project.

A couple of friends very recently had a baby, their second boy. The kids and I are going over to smell him on thursday after work and I wanted to bring a hand made gift. Their first got a baby blanket (the first one I ever made!) and I figured they might be using i for the new baby and didn't want to repeat myself so instead I made this snuggly ribbon blankie instead. It's made from a stretchy top I got from a friend and never used (it didn't fit me) which I've been contemplating trying to redo in some way so I could wear it, but realised I never will. This turned out to be a perfect use for it, and a bunch of different ribbons I had in my ribbon drawer. I had fun making this and was done quite quickly! It's a bit more vibrant in colours than in the picture, which I hope will be to the baby's liking.

Thanks for looking and any comments.

Snuttis.jpg
Working...
X