X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sassyquilter
    replied
    Re: My First Pillow

Absolutely beautiful! I want to do a cathedral window table runner. It looks time consuming. Yours came out great

Leave a comment:

• oldgurl4
    replied

~Summer~
    Wowwwwwwwww!
    You Convinced Me.. I will take your advice and give it a try.

Thanx for the link.

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

Thanks Summer - it looks a bit intimidating - but I will read it several more times and then probably jump in and try it!

Leave a comment:

• SummerK
    replied

Thank you so much, ladies!

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

Great job! What a great use of fat quarters. I love this pattern.

Leave a comment:

• Sunnyok
    replied

That pillow is stunning, my favorite pattern is the cathedral window, I've never attempted it yet but my Grandmother made it for my mother for her wedding it's beautiful.
    You made me want to try it, all over again.

Leave a comment:

• Freda
    replied

Originally posted by SummerK View Post
    So, I made a pillow. I'm super proud of it and it was so fun to make. Hope you enjoy it too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5717[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5718[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5719[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5720[/ATTACH]

My wonderful hubby was nice enough to take pictures for me. He does a much better job than I do.

Oh, how lovely... you must be thrilled with how well the pillow turned out! Great job!!!

Leave a comment:

• quilter.martha
    replied

Thank you for sharing the link to the tut! I love your pillow and will book mark that site for future reference.

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    replied

oh beautiful and great photography!

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

Lovely! one of my favorite patterns.

Leave a comment:

• JVO
    replied

I am going to give this a try.

Leave a comment:

• Lisaau
    replied

Summer l love this great job its so pretty
    Last edited by Lisaau; May 31, 2011, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SummerK
    replied

First, thank you for all the kind words!

Sandy Navas

What a great job! Making pillows is a great way to try out a quilt block pattern. What a wonderful job you've done. When will your quilt be finished?
    Oh Sandy, which quilt? There are so many! But really, I don't fancy making a full cathedral window quilt, not yet anyway. That's why I thought the pillow would be perfect, so I could get it out of my system.

tamsterg7

That is just gorgeous! May I ask if you followed the tut mentioned above - and if so, where can I find it? I saw a baby blanket made with that design but it was at a shop and they wouldn't give the pattern name unless you signed up for a class!
    I did follow the tutorial, you can find it here: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/04/...w-pillows.html

I used a 14" pillow form instead of a 20", so I left the borders off and it was just the right size.

patticakes

Love your Cathedral Window pillow SummerK! It is fresh and modern using those fabrics. I did one by hand along time ago, a pillow size also, but don't know whatever became of it. You're beautiful pillow has inspired me to try another. Good photography of it also!
    Thank you! I can't wait to see yours!

mamaquilt

really really nice. So you tried the Cathedral Window. it is fun, isn't it? Anyway your pillow is very nice.
    Yes, it was so much fun. I highly recommend making one to anyone who hasn't.

Leave a comment:

• mamaquilt
    replied

really really nice. So you tried the Cathedral Window. it is fun, isn't it? Anyway your pillow is very nice.

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Love your Cathedral Window pillow SummerK! It is fresh and modern using those fabrics. I did one by hand along time ago, a pillow size also, but don't know whatever became of it. You're beautiful pillow has inspired me to try another. Good photography of it also!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X